Chapter 11 - Changes

Silas Quinton

I turned on my phone again and I got a lot of calls from Logan. I called him back and he was more than mad at Evangeline. He hates her with all his heart and Evangeline wasn't playing when she said she's going to destroy Lisa.

Lisa lost her contract and her agency kicked her out.

I drove to her penthouse and decided to not talk to her about what happened because she'll get more mad anyways.

I walked into her penthouse and I saw her eating a tub of ice cream on the kitchen counter. She looked away when she saw me and I walked towards her. I opened the fridge and it was full of food.

I took out two steaks and some vegetable for us to have dinner. I walked into the bedroom and straight to the closet to change into my comfortable clothes. I found that she changed the hanger and even spared me more space. She bought more shelves for my shoes since I put my shoes on the floor under my clothes.

I changed my clothes and walked out. She was still eating her ice cream but this time.. she used some bread making it an ice cream sandwich.

"What did Logan say?" She asked as I opened the steaks out from it's plastic bag.

"He's taking Lisa under him since you destroy her already." I said without any expression.

"That's nice of him." She said simply but I know she's not sorry. She went down from the kitchen counter and put the ice cream back into the fridge. She walked into her bedroom and I started cooking.

After I finished cooking, I walked into the bedroom and the bathroom door was opened. I saw her putting her elbow to the sink. I walked in and found her actively bleeding.

"Where's the emergency kit?" I asked and she turned to me.

"I'll be fine, I just let it bleed unti-"

"Where's the emergency kit?" I cut her and she pointed at the drawer below her vanity. I quickly took it and grabbed her hand treating her wound. I looked at her expression when I poured alcohol on her wound.

"When you're hurt, use the emergency to treat yourself. You can't always wait for people to help you." She looked up to me and she looked back down. I put the bandage on and then I pulled her closer to me. I put her hair to the back.

I started to treat the scratch on her neck. I checked her cheek to and it's starting to get more red than earlier.

"Why did you.. take Logan's position? Is it because you pity me?" She asked in a really small voice.

"Put some ice on your cheek after we eat dinner and let's go to the hospital tomorrow for your wounds." I said and she nodded. I put the emergency kit back to the drawer. I grabbed her hand and brought her out to the dining table. I forced her to sit down and put the food in front of her.

"I won't talk about what happened earlier since I know you don't to talk about it but I want you to eat that." I said as I pointed at the food. She grabbed the fork and knife starting to dig in.

Evangeline Mayford

After taking a bite of the steak, I understand why he has a lot of luxury restaurant. It was clear to me that he's taking his work seriously. He's a hardworking person and the fact that he's 27 years old and still single.. really explains a lot that he poured his time and sweat to his restaurants.

There's no way, this man has no admirer out there. He's the perfect man to every woman out there. I don't even know why he's here, agreeing to be my husband for 2 months.

What kind of curse is this? Is God trying to teach me a lesson?

Never in my life, I've met someone like him. He might not defend me actively but he doesn't ask a lot of questions which I'm so thankful for.

He was mad but he doesn't pour it all on me.

I kept eating the steak and without realizing.. I ate all of it.

Silas got up first and put the dirty plate in the sink. He opened the fridge and grabbed some ice. He put it into a plastic bag. He walked to me and kneeled in front me. He put the plastic bag to my cheek.

"What is it like in Dubai?" I asked.

"Dubai is great. I love living there, have you been there?" He asked and I shook my head.

"You see your life there huh?"

"Yeah, I'm here only to take a break. I've been running for more than 8 years and I deserve a break." I felt so bad that he's using his break to deal with someone like me. He was suppose to really enjoy his break since he really deserves it.

"What are you going to do once you go back to Dubai?" I asked as I grabbed the ice bag from his hand. He got up and sat on the seat across me.

"I don't know to be exact. I run my restaurants like usual and maybe just.. open another restaurant." He said and I nodded. I looked at the empty plate in front of me.

"Tell me about.. uhmm." I looked up to Silas.

"What?"

"You told me about Lisa almost hit you with her car and how.. people bullied you a lot. How did it happen? There must be a reason." He asked in a really careful tone.

"One day.. one day, I'll tell you but not today."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I promise." I nodded and he looked at me suspiciously.

"You're going home now?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll pick you up at 9 tomorrow, we're going to the hospital." He said and I nodded.

"Okay."