Chapter 23 - Valid

Silas Quinton

After she took the first bite, she pulled all the plates towards her. She didn't even let me take the food. She was eating it slowly but she made sure that she left with nothing on the plate. She looked so adorable when she's eating. She glanced at me every two minutes and smiled widely.

I'm happy to see her eat like this. It's always been hard for me to see her eat most of the time. Either she'll leave a lot or only eat a couple bites.

"Silas." She looked at me with her puppy eyes.

"Hmm?"

"Can you make.. me this steak pasta again? And maybe other menu too? I'm still hungry." I was surprised when she said that. I never expected her to eat more.

"How much are you willing to pay? I'm the owner and the head chef." I said as I leaned back to my chair and crossed my arms.

"Uhmm.. uhmmm.. I can pay it with my card?" She asked and I shook my head. I pointed at my lips and cheek. It took her a split second to get up and gave me a kiss on a cheek and then a peck on my lips.

"Paid." She said as she walked back to her seat. I chuckled and got up from my seat.

"Make the steak double, chef!" She said and I laughed.

"Then the payment is.. not enough." I said teasing her and she glared at me.

"I'll pay the rest after you bring me the food." She smiled and I walked back to the kitchen to make her some more food. I told my other chef to prepare the dessert in 30 minutes.

As I was cooking, Ali approached me.

"Mr. Quinton."

"Yes, Ali?" I asked as I tasted the sauce.

"I've never seen you so happy." He said and I turned to him.

"I guess I am."

"What happened to finding your wife here?" He asked and he's right. What happened to me get married to someone who lives in Dubai?

"I'm glad that you're enjoying your married life, Mr. Quinton. We're happy to see you happy." He said and then he left me alone. That made me think, it's exactly the second day for my marriage with Angel. It had a weird start but I ended up enjoying her company.

She's not what people said she is. She's just not good socially and she grew up with her parents not teaching her the right thing.

As I waited for my food to cook, I took a peek to see what she's doing. She was admiring the view outside the window. She looked really beautiful and I really can't stop taking my eyes off her these days.

"Mr. Quinton." I turned to see my other chef pointing at my food. I quickly flipped the steak and waited for it to cook. After a few minutes, I finished cooking and walked out from the kitchen straight to her.

When I walked out, she already pulled my chair beside her. She gestured me to sit beside her. I put the plate in front of her.

"This is your best dish." She said as she took lots of picture of it. She then pushed it to me and gave me her fork and spoon.

"Your turn to eat." She said as she put her arm on the table looking at me.

"So you made me cook just for me to eat?" I asked and she nodded. She then cupped my face and gave me a peck on my lips.

"There.. I paid it." She said and I chuckled. I grabbed a new fork and spoon giving it to her.

"Eat it again with me." I said and she nodded. We ate it together and the dessert came out in time. She was so excited for the dessert that she didn't even bother to take a picture. She loves dessert and there's no doubt in it.

"I bet it'll taste better if you make it." She said and I laughed. "You have to make me this next time, I want.. you.. to make it." She added.

"Dessert is more expensive." I said as I finished my food.

"I'll pay triple, how about that?" She offered arrogantly and I laughed.

"That's a deal." I said and she squealed again before digging into the dessert again.

"Will you go bankrupt if I eat here everyday? Hmm? I should invest in your restaurant. I will have Mary take care of that!" She said and I shook my head laughing.

"I won't go bankrupt if my wife ask to eat here everyday, as long as she pays her husband generously." I said as I grabbed a new fork to eat the cake.

"I should invest here.. I really should." She said as she put a big piece of ice cream into her mouth.

"Slow down, it's yours." I said as I patted her head. She's too adorable for this. She suddenly raised her hand calling Ali. I looked at her confuse.

"What are you doing?" I asked and she put her index finger on my lips.

"Yes, Mrs. Quinton. What can I help you?" Ali came. She took out her black card and gave it to Ali. "Charge me 20.000 dollars there. I'm going to come here everyday and I don't want to make my husband go bankrupt for ordering big portion." She said and Ali's jaw dropped.

"Angel." I stopped her from giving her card to Ali. She then threw the card and Ali successfully caught it.

"Do it or I'll fire you." She said sweetly and Ali immediately walked away. She turned to me and smirked.

"I won't let you go bankrupt." She said arrogantly and I laughed.

"How can I go bankrupt? I'm a millionare, Angel." I said and she gestured me to shut up.

"I'm eating here everyday, I can't eat at other place. I don't trust them." She said and I gave up. No one can stop her. She continued to squeal everytime she took a bite of that raspberry cheese cake.

"You should make an unlimited card for me. Valid till October."