Chapter 38 - Divorce

Silas Quinton

We're going back and forth to the police station to make statements and it was not good for Angel. She was not talking as much as she used to. I kept begging for the police to give us space because I can see that she's stressing out but they kept wanting us to give a lot of clarification regarding to our connections to every one of them.

"Angel." I called her and she turned to me. Her eyes were empty and she was not eating or even talk to me.

"Please eat.. you barely eat anything." I said as I put a bowl of mushroom cream soup. She nodded and I sat next to her.

"You know you can talk to me, I'm here." I said and she let out a long sigh. She turned to me and she looked me straight into my eyes.

"I want a divorce." She said and my heart stopped for a second.

"Why?" That's the only thing that came out from my mouth. Before she could answer, tears starting to fall from her eyes.

"I'm scared. I was scared. You should have not come to that place.." My hands tried to reach her but she got up avoiding me.

"Angel, we're safe now. You don't have to worry anymore." I said as I got up to get closer to her.

"You don't understand, Silas. You don't understand! I was scared for you!" She screamed at me.

"Scared of what? Me dying? I'm okay, I'm here!" I said and she cried more and more.

"I want a divorce.. please." She begged and I shook my head.

"If you want space, I'll give you space. I'll give you time. I can wait for you but I'm not going to divorce you, you can dream about that." I said and she broke down. She was crying so hard but she didn't let me get close to her.

"I'm sorry for putting your life in danger! I'm sorry!" She said crying in agony and my heart crunched seeing her like this.

"I should have known.. I was meant to be alone.. ai should have not drag you into my life." She said as she took off her wedding ring. She threw it to the wall and with that she ran out from apartment.

I ran after her but she stopped me when she's in the lift.

"We can talk, Angel. Let's talk.. okay?" I begged her as I stopped the lift by standing on the door preventing it fron closing.

"Silas, please.."

"You need to explain why you're like this.. I don't understand.." I begged and she shook her head.

"Tell me, we can talk.. we can solve this.." I said and she shook her head again.

"Please.. give me time." She said and I found myself taking a few steps back.

The door closed and that's when I regreted not stopping her. I should have stopped her. I would have stop her if I knew she will disappear like a ghost.

Two years later..

The truth.

After Angel left and cut all contacts with everyone, I went crazy. I was trying so hard to look for her. I wanted answers.. I wanted to know why she left me.

I was crumbling, my life has not been the same.

No one knew where she is now and I never stop looking. I have 6 PIs looking for her because I want answers.

I went back to Dubai after a year living in New York. It was hard for me to live my life. I've been wondering where she is and worried sick about her. Her parents had no idea too where she went and Mayford went to chaos for a few months without her.

I distracted myself with work. Expanding my business as I keep looking for her. Apparently she.. sent me a lot of divorce letters hoping that I would sign it but I will never sign it until the day I die.

She's frustrated about it but I don't care. It's the only think that indicates that she's going well and healthy out there even though it was just a divorce paper.

"Mr. Quinton, would you like some beer?" I turned to Ali and chuckled.

"If you join me.." I said and he nodded. I sat down on the seat where Angel loves to sit. I looked out the window and as usual.. it's beautiful.

"Here you go, sir." Ali said as he sat in front of me with 4 cans of beers. I grabbed one and drank it.

"I miss her.. a lot." I said as I looked at the beer.

"She's out there and I know she will come back to you one day."

"Judging by her personality, she won't." I shook my head.

"She will.. I have a feeling that she will. Just give her time, sir." Ali said.

"I hope so.. because I can't live without her." I said and Ali was trying his best to cheer me up. I decided to walk back home instead of.. taking my car since I drank a lot of beer tonight.

I walked back and found myself walking into the convenience store. I grabbed more beer and some snacks to eat. I walked to the cashier and it's Aliyah.

"Oh.. Mr. Quinton, it's been a long time since I saw you.."

"Hey Aliyah.."

"Is Evangeline with you?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Ohh.."

"I'm sorry that you didn't get to work with her. I know she promised you tha-"

"What do you mean?" She cut me and I turned to her confused.

"I'm still working with her."

"What?" I looked at her disbelief.

"Evangeline flew me to Singapore and I'm actually here because I'm having a break.. a long break.." She said completely confused with me.

"Where is she now?"

"That's a weird question considering she's your wife." Aliyah completely looked at me like I was an idiot.

"Aliyah, you don't understand. She left me 2 years ago." I said and Aliyah gasped.

"What?"

"Where is she now?"

"She's in Singapore."