Chapter 16 - Acting Up

Evangeline Mayford

Silas insisted on staying here with me until I'm done. He fell asleep on the sofa and I walked towards him. I put the blanket on him and kneeled down near his face. I took my phone out from my pocket and took a picture of him.

He looked so cute and not bossy when he's sleeping.

I decided to finish my work faster because he looks tired. I asked Mary to go home too and continue tomorrow. I have to go to the office early tomorrow to finish everything before lunch time.

"Silas." I patted his chest lightly.

"Silas, let's go home." I said softly and he opened his eyes slowly. He grabbed my hand that's on his chest. He turned to me and he nodded.

"You must be tired, you should have gone home instead earlier." I said and he sat up. He pulled me to sit on his lap and he wrapped his arms around my body. I was not used to this situation at all.

"How was the food?"

"It was good, I think you should launch that in your restaurant." I said honestly and Silas chuckled.

"Up for late night snack?" He asked and I turned to him.

"Pizza?" He raised his eyebrows and I nodded. He got up from the sofa with me on it and he patted my head. I grabbed my bag and walked out from my office with him.

I sent all of my employees home and it's so late. It's almost 2 a.m and I'm still here. I'm so tired yet happy that Silas is here. I'm still not used to this but I love it.

Silas grabbed my hand as we walked into the lift. We leaned to the lift wall and he leaned his head to mine. He was that tired, I'll just drive then.

"What were you doing today?" I asked in a small tone.

"Working and cooking. I will launch some new recipes once I go back to Dubai." He said and I looked to the ground. Right, he's going back to Dubai.. sometimes I forgot that we will only marry to each other for two months.

"Let's go." I said as we arrived at the basement. I let his hand go as I grabbed my car key. I walked to my car and gestured Silas to get into the passenger seat.

"I'll have Mary to grab your car tomorrow." I said as I walked to the driver side.

"Angel." He called me and I turned to him.

"Give me the key." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm driving." I said and he shook his head.

"You don't know the pizza place."

"Just guide me there." I got into the driver seat and started the car. He got in and put the seatbelt on. I drove out from the building and he started to guide me to the pizza place.

Apparently it was not that far from my office. He asked me to park near the vintage shop instead park right in front of the pizza shop. He told me to stay in the car and trust him.

He got out and I locked the door. I looked at the mirror and started to take off the bandage from my neck and elbow. It's been three days already and it's making me uncomfortable.

After around 10 minutes, he brought a big box of pizza. He got in and he gave me a black glove. He opened the pizza box and my eyes widen. It's still hot and it's pepperoni pizza.

"Angel, where the hell is your bandages?" He hissed and I decided to ignore him. I grabbed a slice and I blew it out because it's still hot. I took a bite and it was so good.

"Good, right?" Silas asked and I nodded. He took a slice and ate it.

"I miss this.. it's been 4 years." He said and I smiled seeing him enjoying his pizza. I ate slowly and none of us talk.

"I'm driving home." He said out of the blue. I turned to him and shook my head. He gave me another slice and I ate it without stopping. When he closed the empty pizza box, I've realized that I ate a solid 3 big slices. That's a record for me.. I've never been able to eat a lot.

He got out and threw the pizza box to the trash can along with our gloves earlier. He walked towards the driver side and I glared at him. He glared at me back and I ended up moving to the passenger side. He got in and grabbed a tissue. He turned to me and wiped my mouth. He then wiped his before putting his seatbelt on.

"Tomorrow is our wedding day.. and we're eating pizza." I said realizing it after he drove past the shop.

"There's nothing wrong with that, Angel. It won't make you fat instantly." He chuckled. I looked down to my phone to check some emails and then I looked up to see the road when I realized this is not the way to go home.

"Silas!" I hissed and he drove me to the hospital. He didn't even say a word and I wanted to punch him so bad. He parked near the emergency room and he got out from the car first. I locked the car from inside and Silas looked at me disbelief.

"Angel, come on. Let's go.." He said as he knocked on my window. I closed my eyes because I hate hospital so much.

"Fine, I won't marry you tomorrow." He said and then he walked away. That made me get out from the car instantly. I was about to protest and he locked the car door immediately with the car key. He picked me up on his shoulder and walked into the emergency room with me protesting.

People were looking and some nurses were laughing at me but I can't stop punching his back. He just walked casually to the emergency room.

"My fiance needs to get treat for her wounds, tomorrow is our wedding day." He said and the nurse guided him to the empty bed. He put me down on the bed and I glared at him coldly.

"That's scary but it doesn't work on me anymore." He said and I rolled my eyes. When the doctor came, I grabbed Silas's shirt holding it with my life. He then hugged me so I won't see the process. I kept hitting him on the process. He told the doctor my situation and condition.

They started to treat me slowly and most of the time Silas rubbed his hand on my back calming me down.

"I hate you." I hissed and Silas laughed.

"Tomorrow is our wedding day and that's for acting up at dawn." He said.

"I gave her a small bandages on her neck and elbow. You can take it off tomorrow morning and starting from tomorrow.. you can let it heal naturally." The doctor said and Silas thanked him. I looked at my elbow and it was prefectly bandage again.

I glared at Silas and he laughed. He grabbed my hand and he paid for the hospital bills. We walked out from the emergency room and I started to hit him.

"I will never go to the hospital again!"

"Good to hear.. so you should watch whatever you're doing starting from now and not get hurt!"