Chapter 28 - Fever

Silas Quinton

I can tell that Angel really enjoyed going here and I'm glad that she likes it. We went to the penguin experience, sharks experience, otter experiences and even saw a feeding show. She loved it and she just can't stop looking at every single animal that she could find.

"What's your favorite?" I asked.

"The penguins, I love it." She said with a smile on her face as we walked out from the aquarium. After the aquarium, I led her to the Ski Dubai.

"Silas, I don't know how to ski." She said.

"If you don't want to go, we can go somewhere else." I said but she shook her head. She pulled me in and forced me to teach her how to ski. We changed into the ski equipment and I started to teach her.

"I don't think this will be a great idea." She said as she slowly walked to the ice. I started to teach her how to stop and go down. She was a fast learner but I'm a little bit worried that she will freak out once we arrive at the top.

We went up together and she looked nervous. "Hey, I'm here." I said and she nodded. Once we got to the top, she started to look nervous. I went down a little bit first and I waited for her.

"Come on, I'm here." I said and she nodded. She slowly and she started to panic when it started to get faster. I was ready to catch her and she ended up falling down near me. I quickly ran towards her and she pouted.

"It's harded than I thought." She got up and tried again. We kept practicing again and again. She's starting to get better at it. Without us knowing, we've been skiing for more than 4 hours and she got so exhausted.

I let her change her clothes first and she sat on the waiting place so I could change my clothes. I was planning to take her to dinner in Burj al Arab.

As I went out from the changing room, I saw Angel talking to a man who happened to sit beside her. She was talking to him but it was clear to me that the guy tried to flirt with her. We, all male species, know if another men tries to flirt.

"Angel, let's go." I said and the man turned to me. Angel slung her bag to her body and I put my hand in front of her.

"I'll be going first, it was nice meeting you." She said as she held my hand. I pulled her away from there as fast as I can. I don't really like that I saw earlier.

"Where are we going next?" She asked.

"We're going to have dinner in the Burj al Arab." I said.

"Who is he?" I asked and she turned to me.

"The guy from earlier?"

"He recognized me and he said he's a fan of my work." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"And then?"

"He just asked if I'm here alone and I told him that I'm with you."

"What did you address me as?" I asked curiously.

"Why is it important?" She asked and that made me stop walking. I turned to her disbelief and she looked at me confuse.

"What did you address me as?" I asked again.

"That's a stupid question, Silas."

"Aahh.. you addressed me as your friend or maybe your husband and soon to be divorce." I said a little pissed.

"I told him I'm here with my husband and that I'm waiting for him. He admired my work because his girlfriend admired the brand so much. He asked me what kind of ring that I recommend because the guy is going to propose to her!" She bursted and I even saw some people turned to us.

"What's wrong with you?" She hissed and I sighed.

"Nothing, let's go." I said as I pulled her again. We went back to the lobby and that's when she started sneezing. She kept sneezing throughout the drive to Burj al Arab and instead of going to have dinner there. I drove back home.

I didn't bring any jacket or hoodie because I thought the ski equipment were thick enough for us. I'm okay with the cold but not her. She even sneezed when the wind hits her.

She didn't ask why we didn't go to the Burj al Arab, she just follow my decisions. We walked to the lift of my apartment building. She has runny nose and she kept leaning to the lift wall.

As soon as we arrived at my apartment, I made her a hot tea. She grabbed some tissues to clean her runny nose. She walked into the room and came out from it to go straight to the bathroom.

She was taking a hot bath because she's there more than 15 minutes. I made her a new hot tea and decided to make a corn soup. I started to take out all the ingredients from the fridge and she came out from the bathroom.

She went straight to the bedroom and I'll just let her sleep.

After I finished cooking, I walked to the room and checked on her temperature. She has a fever. She wrapped herself with the blanket and I waked her up slowly. She opened her eyes and sat up.

"Hmm?"

"I made corn soup, you have to eat and I'll give you medicine. Do you want to do to the hospital?" I asked and she shook her head. She got up and I held her hand leading her out to the dining room. She ate her soup slowly and I prepared the medicine for her.

While she's eating, I decided to take a quick shower so I can stay with her in bed. When I walked out from the bathroom, she was looking at the walk blankly.

"Angel." I called her and she turned to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just.. thinking." She said as I walked to her.

"Have you finish?" I asked and she nodded. She drank her medicine and she brushed her teeth. Instead of laying on the bed, she wanted to lay on the sofa. I brought the pillows and the blanket for her.

"Silas."

"Hmm?"

"Sorry for.. ruining your plan, I promise tomorrow that I will get better." She said as she laid on the sofa.

"Okay." I said and as soon as I wrapped her with the blankets. She fell asleep right away.