Chapter 15 - Stubborn

Evangeline Mayford

I made tea for myself since I can't sleep. I've been having trouble sleeping since I was a kid and I always need sleeping pills. Silas must having a bad day today, he looked so down and sad.

"You're not going to sleep?" I almost spilled my tea when he suddenly came out from the room.

"I can't sleep, you go sleep first." I said as I turned around and he grabbed an empty glass to drink some water.

"Let's go to sleep, we're two days away. I bet you won't like it if you look like a panda on your wedding day." I chuckled when he said that.

"I'll be fine." I said and he drank his water. He walked over to me and grabbed my cup putting it on the kitchen table. He brought me to my room and made me sleep on my side. He then laid on the other side.

"Silas, I'll just watc-" Before I can finish my sentence, Silas pulled me towards him. He circled his arm around my body and pulled the blanket up to my chin.

"Sleep, Angel. I don't want my wife be looking like panda on my wedding day." He said and then he started to patt my back. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep right away.

"Angel.. Angel.." I opened my eyes slowly and my eyes was hit by the sunlight making me close my eyes again.

"Hmm?"

"I think we need to wake up, it's almost 10." Silas said and I sat up slowly. I turned to Silas and pulled my hand away from his body. He sat up slowly too and I turned to the clock.

I was surprised that I woke up 10 in the morning. This is a new record for me after years not being able to sleep more than 4 hours a day. I slept from 1 am to 10 am.

"What's your plan for today?" He said.

"I have work." I said simply as I slowly got off the bed.

"What time will you finish?" He asked and I turned to him.

"I have meetings today, I'll come home late." I said as I started to remembering the schedule.

"Okay." He said and I walked into the bathroom to take shower. I'm already late anyways so might as well take it slow. I got ready pretty quickly despite taking my time. I changed into my office attire and walked out from the bedroom to rush out.

"I make your lunch, take it with you." Silas said as he gave me a brown bag.

"Uhmm okay." I grabbed the bag and quickly put on my shoes. I grabbed my car keys and walked to the door.

"Ange- I mean Eva!" I turned to Silas and he gestured me to come to him.

"What?" I asked and he checked the bandages on my neck. I glared at him and he chuckled.

"Go.. you'll be late." He said and I nodded. I walked out from my penthouse and went straight down to the basement. I got into my car and drove straight to the office.

Silas Quinton

I spent my time at her penthouse to make new recipe. I was busy with work too and have lots of video calls with my manager in Dubai. I was taking notes at the living room when Angel's maids started to clean up the kitchen. I told them that I'll take care of it.

"Oh.. do you know if Evangeline has.. allergies or maybe.. food that she likes?" I asked them as they helped me to put some clean dishes back.

"She never really eats, Mr. Quinton. She usually eats one three bites but from what I remember, she doesn't like heavy food that much. She eats desserts more than anything." One of them said.