Chapter 6 - Tables Have Turn

Evangeline Mayford

I know deep down inside, Logan really wanted to kill me. I'm the reason that he's miserable right now. Not only him, there's a few men who got miserable because of me.

Not only men, but women too.

There's a lot of people out there that I hurt emotionally and sometimes physically too.

And again.. I always been the villain.

"What is this? You bringing your buddies?" I hissed as I turned to Silas and Timmy.

"If you want to deal with me then you should be ready to deal with them both too." Logan said in a cold tone and I rolled my eyes.

Logan called the waiter and we ordered our food. After we ordered our food, I took out some of the samples for our engagement venue. Logan didn't even look, he told me to pick whatever I want.

"How did Lisa react to this news? I'm curious." I said sarcasticly and I turned to Silas. He shook his head disapprovingly.

"She hates me." Logan hissed and I clapped my hands nodding.

"Good, she should hate you. We're going to get married anyway." I said and they all looked at each other.

"Oh.. how about this.. you don't want to marry me right? How about we make a deal?" I asked and Logan's face lit up.

"Sacrifice between Timmy or Silas to marry me instead." I said and Logan's jaw fell along with Timmy. Silas wasn't that surprise since I already told him that yesterday.

"I'm outta here." Timmy got up from his seat leaving them Silas and Logan. Logan sighed and he got up to go after Timmy.

"I don't think you can call Logan as your bestfriend, he was ready to sacrifice one of you." I said as I grabbed a glass of water in front of me.

"Marrying someone is a big deal." Silas asked and I turned to him.

"It's not a big deal for me. Logan will cheat either way." I said and Silas sat on Logan's chair.

"Then why bother to marry him in the first place? You know he'll cheat and won't care about you? You'll go crazy with his action either way too!" Silas said.

"It's called ownership, Mr. Quinton. The power of owning someone is more than just knowing that he will cheat and he won't care about me."

"What is wrong with you?!" Silas looked at me disbelief.

"I know that you know what kind of woman I am, don't pretend to be dumb. As someome who has 25 luxury restaurants all over the world, you know.."

"You're a psycho." He hissed and I nodded. I turned to see Logan and Timmy walking back. Silas didn't even bother to move.

"How about we make a bet." Silas offered and I raised my eyebrows. His eyes never left mine but his two bestfriends looked at him disbelief.

"Silas, you're crazy." Timmy said and I gestured him to say whatever on his mind.

"I'll take Logan's place, I'll marry you but.. on one condition." Logan was about to protest but Silas gestured him to shut up.

"What?"

"Divorce me in 2 months. You want status right? We can get married publicly and get a divorce secretly. I'll go back to Dubai anyway so there's nothing left for me here. How about that?" He offered and I looked at him disbelief.

"You want power, you want ownership.. that's why you want Logan right? I doubt that you love him, you don't even care about his feelings." He looked straight into my eyes.

"I'll show you what power and ownership is, Angel. You'll eventually back down and declare to stop this war that you're having." When he said that, I already know what I'll end up with. I know very well of what I have and the curse that I have.

2 months, that's what he offered.

It was enough for me for feel a little bit of happiness.

"Silas, you're really don't know what you'll go through." Logan warned but Logan didn't take his eyes off mine.

"Very well." I said.

"You're crazy." Timmy said and I gestured the both of them to leave. Silas made Logan and Timmy leave us alone. I looked at Silas and sighed.

"Two months, I'll give you what you want for two months. Will that be enough for you?" Silas asked and I nodded.

"What makes you.. do this?" I asked.

"You don't need to know that." He got up from his seat. He sat down on the seat beside me. He grabbed the photos of samples of the engagement venue that I brought. He started to look at it page by page.

"What kind of style do you like?" He asked as he turned to me. I turned to the booklet and I showed him which design I like.

"I'm down with this too, when do you want for us to have this engagement party? In 2 weeks? In a week?" He asked and suddenly I don't want to do this anymore. I never been in this situation before.

"Let's do it in a week, I bet your team can do that." He added. "I want you to experience the marriage life more longer. How about we skip the engagement and just go straight with the marriage? Do you want me to move in with you?" He asked and everything started to get so overwhelming.

"Isn't this what you want, Angel?" He asked and we both looked at each other.

"Yes, but you don't want this." I said and he laughed sarcasticly.

"Why suddenly you have a heart? Just act like you usually do, selfish and never care about other people's feeling." He said and he's right.

"Very well, let's get married next week." I said.

"Good, I'll introduce you to my parents and brother tomorrow. Give me your address so I can move in with you." He said and I nodded.