Chapter 22 - Cook

Evangeline Mayford

Instead going to the hotel, he insisted to stay at his house. He already have some people to clean it and he ensured me that it's better than staying at the hotel.

He lives in the center of Dubai and as soon as I walked into his apartment, I fell in love right away. It was cozy, homey and the design is modern too.. just the way I like it. I took off my hoodie leaving me with my black tanktop since it's pretty hot out here. I tied my hair up into a pony tail and walked to the window to enjoy the view.

He was right, Dubai is indeed a beautiful city.

"What do you think?" He asked as he hugged me from behind.

"It's beautiful. No wonder you love it here." I said and he nodded.

"Do you want to take a shower first? We can go to my restaurant after this." He suggested and I turned my body around. He pulled me closer and raised his eyebrows waiting for me to answer.

"I'm hungry, let's just go straight there." I said and he nodded.

"Let me change and we can go right away." He said and then he walked to the bedroom. I decided to wash my hand and opened my luggage to grab my fanny pack. I put my phone and my card along with some cash in it. I slung it on my body and waited for Silas near the door.

"You don't want to change?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I'm fine." He grabbed my hand and led me out from his apartment. We went to the basement and got into his car. He drove out from his apartment as I texted our parents that we safely landed in Dubai.

"Here you go.." I turned to Silas who gave me his sunglasses and I chuckled. I took it from him and put it on. He suddenly opened up the top of his car and I raised my hands up enjoying the breeze and the beautiful view of Dubai.

I just landed here but.. I already fell in love with this city.

"Silas.. don't tell me." I turned to him as we drove into the Burj Khalifa building.

"You'll see." He smiled as he closed the car top. I took off his sunglasses and I still can't believe this. I never been to his restaurant before even in New York and this shocked me.

I know he's the owner of a lot of luxury restaurants but I never thought that one of it was in Burj Khalifa. He parked his car and we got out from his car. I looked at him disbelief and he laughed.

"I thought you're rich but you're rich rich." I said as he led me to the lift.

"That's for not knowing your husband." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. He wrapped his arm around my waist. We went up to the lobby and took another lift to go up to the 110th floor. He closed my ears so it won't hurt as we go up in a high speed.

"Welcome." He said as we arrived at the restaurant. My jaw dropped when I saw the restaurant, it was luxury and so high class. I fell in love with the view that the restaurant has to offer.

"Mr. Quinton, I thought you're going to come back in 2 months?" We both turned to a man in his 50s. Silas wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I'm here for my honeymoon, this is my wife, Evangeline." Silas introduced me to him.

"Mrs. Quinton, nice to meet you. I'm Ali, I'm Mr. Quinton's manager here." He put his hand out and I smiled as I grabbed his hand. I felt a little weird when he called me Mrs. Quinton. Never in my life I would imagine to reach this far.

"Nice to meet you too, Ali." I said.

"How many people booked to have lunch today?" Silas asked.

"Around 13 tables for lunch today, Mr. Quinton. 6 of them wanted the special course, are you taking over today?" He asked politely and Silas shook his head.

"I'm on my honeymoon, Ali. I'm here to cook for my wife and we will go around town."

"Ahh.. my apologies. I'll leave you two alone then." Ali smiled and I thanked him.

"You want to pick a table and wait for me here? Or.. you can follow me to the kitchen?" He asked.

"I'll follow you to the kitchen." I said and he led me to the kitchen. He greeted his other chefs and staffs at the kitchen. Silas introduced me to them and I greeted all of them.

Silas rolled up his sleeves and put on his apron. I bit my lips seeing what I'm seeing right now. He's really hot right now. He started to get some ingredients out from the fridge.

"Can I have a special request?" I asked as I raised my hand.

"What is it, my lady?" He asked as he glanced at me before choping some garlic and onions.

"I want a big portion, I'm hungry." I said and he chuckled.

"Of course, anything for you." He said. He started working with a lot of ingredients. He brought up two lobsters, steak and pasta. When he's cooking, I can't help but really check him out. He's indeed so different when he's in the kitchen.

"Wanna taste of the sauce?" He asked and I nodded. He gave me a small tea spoon of sauce and my eyes widen when I tasted it. It made me speechless and can't really say a word about it. I gave him a thumbs up and he chuckled.

"Angel, why don't you take a seat? I'm almost done." He said and I shook my head. He turned my body around and led me out from the kitchen. He made me sit on the seat beside the window with the view.

"I wanna help." I said in a small tone.

"You helped enough.." He kissed the top of my head and proceed to walk back to the kitchen leaving me alone. Not long after that, he brought out the food that he made earlier.

I took a lot of pictures of it and Silas decided to get into the picture. He took off his apron and gave me a fork and a knife for me to eat.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I want you to taste it first." He said.

"I know I can finish it all.. you better get your fork and knife or else I'll eat it all instantly." I said and he chuckled.

"We have an awesome dessert here, don't get too full.. You'll love the dessert!"