Chapter 14 - Hate

Silas Quinton

Logan and Timmy were both protesting really hard about me spending time with Evangeline. I don't really listen to what they're saying, I just drank my whiskey slowly and looked at the table blankly.

"You should runaway, go back to Dubai!" Logan said as he threw a pillow at me and I turned to him.

"Will you stop saying shit?! I'm saving your ass already and you owe me big time."

"But now.. Eva ruined Lisa's career." Logan hissed and that made me wonder. "You said you love her but what's wrong with her being ruined?" I asked as I put my glass on the table leaning foward looking at him curiously.

"You know how his parents doesn't like someone with no career." Timmy said and I shook my head.

"Eva warned her, she didn't take it seriously." I said as I looked straight into Logan's eyes.

"Did you see what Eva do to her? She got bruises on her arms and her cheek went so red and add that she got no job after fighting with her." Logan raised his voice.

"Isn't it partly your fault? You know Evangeline more than any of us here but why did you hang out with Lisa in front of her when you know damn fucking well that you were her fiance back then?!" I bursted at him angrily.

"She's not the type to start the fire but she's indeed the oil that makes the fire bigger so you should watch Lisa more than telling me that Eva is the center of the problem!" I hissed and I got up from my seat.

"Why are you acting like this? You like her?" Timmy asked and that stopped me from going out the room.

"I judged her so badly because of you two and that's so childish of me. She's not like you both think she is and you both don't deserve to know that side of her." I said and I walked out from the room. I went out from the club and took a taxi to her penthouse.

I went up to her penthouse and it's already dark. I walked into the bedroom slowly and found her already sleeping. I walked towards her and she was sleeping already.

"Silas?"

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I asked and she got up slowly.

"Yeah." She's being too honest right now.

"Why are you here?" She asked as she turned on the light beside her bed. I sat on the edge of the bed and she sat beside me. We both were drown in silence.

"Uhmm.. do you want ice cream?" She asked and I turned to her. I chuckled as she looked at me completely concern. I nodded and she gestured me to wait. She walked out from the room and I laughed.

She really don't know how to comfort someone, all she knows that ice cream solves sadness. I guess that's her definition trying to comfort me.

"Here you go.. I don't know which flavour you like so.." She brought 4 tubs of ice cream and I chuckled. I sat on the ground and she sat beside me.

"Here." She gave me one spoon and she has one too.

"I like vanilla." I said and she gave me the vanilla flavour tub and opened the top for me. She grabbed the chocolate flavour and started eating. I took a small scoop and ate it slowly as I looked at her hugging her knees as she eats her chocolate ice cream.

"Have you eat dinner?" She asked and I nodded.

"Okay." She said and she bit her spoon. We both just ate our ice creams in silence and she put her spoon down.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I turned to her.

"I don't know how to.. uhmm ask something like this. I don't have friends or family that I can talk to so.. I don't really understand how to.. comfort you since you seem have something in mind. If it's about the ma-"

"It's just my friends, it's not big of a deal." I said and she nodded.

"Thankyou for asking, Angel. Ice cream works." I pointed and she nodded again.

"What ice cream flavour do you like?" I asked and she looked at me for a couple second before pointing at my ice cream. I chuckled and pushed the tub towards her.

"I like chocolate too." She said as she pushed it back to me. She continued to eat her chocolate ice cream.

"Do you want me to make you a warm bath? You can sleep here if you want, it's late." She said without looking at me and she even said it in a small tone.

"Can I?" I asked and she nodded.

"This will be your home anyway so.. feel free." She said as she looked down to her ice cream.

I don't understand why people hate her so much. What makes people hate her like that? She might not the best at expressing her feelings but she's sure not as mean as people describe her as.

She just came from a family that doesn't treat her right. Her way to get happiness is wrong and all she needs is someone right to help her.

I don't understand why she wants ownership. She wants it from marrying Logan but what will she get out of that? Control? She's not even that controlling, I'm the one who took control most of the time.

"Wait here." She said and she got up. I heard her going to the bathroom turning on the water. She was busy in there for quite some time.

"Here.. water." She said as she gave me a glass of warm water. She closed the ice cream tubs and she grabbed my hand. She led me to the bathroom and I was surprised that she prepared me a whole set of spa instead of an ordinary warm bath.

"I bought you PJ yesterday and it's already clean.. don't worry. Use it and you can sleep after this." She said as she put my new set of PJ on the table beside the bathtub.

"I.. I bought you that too.. you can use it. I don't know what scent you like so I decided to buy all 12." She said without looking at me.

"Evangeline." I called her and she turned to me slowly.

"Thankyou."

"Okay, I'll leave you then." She said and she walked out from the bathroom closing the door.

"How can Logan hate her? I can't even hate her."