Chapter 5 - Very Well

Evangeline Mayford

I just finished my long meeting on finalizing for Christmas jewelry designs. I was proud of myself since I'll be releasing 4 of my designs to the public for this winter season.

"Ms. Mayford, what do you want to eat for lunch?" My secretary, Mary, asked.

"Just buy me that chocolate chip cookies from Starbucks and a hot latte." I said and she excused herself. I walked into my office and sat down on the sofa.

I raised my eyebrows when I saw a brown bag on my desk. I got up and walked towards it. I opened it and saw a white card written on it. I took it and it's written from Silas to Evangeline.

Quinton Rose Restaurant

I called my secretary and gave the food to her. I don't know why is he sending me these foods but I rather not know his intention.

I continued to work and work until 7 in the evening. I went down to the lobby to wait for my driver to come.

"Evangeline." I froze when I heard his voice, I looked up slowly and saw him standing there smiling at me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed coldly.

"Ms. Mayford, your father used your driver so.. let me drive you home." Mary said and I nodded.

"Let me drop you home." I turned to Silas and glared at him.

"I know you come here because Logan blabbered you the news that I'm pulling him to make the engagement official so you can just go home because you can't change my m-"

"I'm not here because of Logan. I'm not the type to butt into someone else's business." He cut me and I raised my eyebrows.

"I think you didn't read my card very well.." He said as he pointed at Mary. I turned to her and she was holding on to the package that he sent me at lunch.

"Tell me what you want and let's be done with it. I'm tired and I don't-"

"I want you to make a design for my restaurant's uniform." He cut me and I looked at him disbelief. I turned to Mary and gestured her to go.

"Listen, Silas, I know what you're up to. I'm not dumb. Mayford don't design uniforms for restaurants and I don't have time to deal with a client like you." I hissed and I walked pass him.

"Evangeline." I swear that I hate when he call me that.

"Ms. Mayford for you, Mr. Quinton. I know your intention."

"Fine." He said as he raised his hands up.

"I did come because of Logan. I just want to help him, he's in love with someone else. I can't see him go crazy like this." Silas said as he walked closer to me and I shook my head.

"He won't be happy and you won't be happy." He added.

"How do you know that he won't be happy with me? Just because you're there on my birthday and saw me on my lowest point, it doesn't mean you can change my mind, Mr. Quinton. I can do whatever I want and choose whoever I want to marry!" I bursted angrily.

"You don't know me! You will never know and understand me!"

"You're taking someone else's happiness, you always live by that huh? Taking someone else's happiness." He looked at me straight in the eye. "I do.. I always do, Mr. Quinton. I was born that way." I said and I turned my body around. I walked out from mh building and found that it was raining outside.

I planned to walk home but I guess today is not the day. As I was going to turn my body around, Silas put an umbrella on my hand.

"I don't need it!" I threw it to the ground and decided to walk into the building. Silas grabbed my wrist and I turned to him annoyed. "Why are you so stubborn?" Silas hissed.

"What's your problem?!" I tried to pull my hand off him and he ended up pinning me to the wall. My eyes widen when his face was inches away from me.

"Why is it so hard for us to talk like an adult, Evangeline? I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with a twenty five years old woman not a 5 years old girl." He said as he held both of my hands tightly. He slowly put it down but still holding it tightly.

"You can't change my mind.. unless you're willing to take Logan's place." I smirked and Silas laughed sarcasticly.

"I'm willing to find a replacement for you, Angel." I was taken back by him calling me Angel. I decided to knee his jewel and stomped on his foot.

"Keep on dreaming, you should be prepare to be Logan's best man on our wedding." I said and walked out from the building. I grabbed a taxi and went straight home. Silas Quinton is crazy and how can Logan be friends with him? I don't understand him.

Silas Quinton

"Where were you?" My dad asked as I sat on the sofa completely frustrated.

"Met the devil." I hissed and my dad laughed.

"Who's the lucky girl?" I turned to him disbelief.

"She's the devil's wife, I swear Logan is so unlucky to have her as his future wife." I said still angry after our encounter earlier.

"Logan's future wife? Who?" My mom entered the room bringing us fruits and cookies.

"Evangeline Mayford." I said and my parents looked at each other.

"But son.. why did you see her?" My dad asked and that's when it hit me. I was pretty sure that I won't but into Logan's business but this is where I question myself.

"I was just.." I looked at them both and I can't even find a reason to give to them without them being suspicious.

"Logan went crazy yesterday and I'm sick of h-"

"Let him deal with his own problem, Silas. We don't want you to get involve in someone as big as Evangeline Mayford." My mom said and I nodded.

"Very well."