Chapter 24 - Follow

Evangeline Mayford

I kept sneezing again and again. It was hot but the strong wind just made me feel a little bit cold. We're currently along the beach. I was taking a lot of pictures when Silas stopped me. He made me face him and he slipped his hoodie on. He was wearing a thin white shirt inside it.

"I knew you'll get cold so.. I still have my hoodie on." He hissed and I glared at him.

"I'm not cold." I said.

"Yeah.. you have a sand allergy." He said sarcasticly.

"Grumpy." I mumbled. Suddenly Silas stopped me and I turned to him.

"How about we stay here for 14 days? I have a lot of places and things to show you." He said excitedly and I nodded.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, let's do it. I'll ask Mary to change our flights." I said and he smiled widely.

"Where do you want to take me?" I asked as we continued to walk.

"That's a surprise."

"Okay then.. I trust you."

Silas Quinton

"I hate you.. I hate you!" Angel cried as soon as she landed. Her instructor even laughed at her for it and I chuckled as I hugged her tightly. We just finished skydiving and she was hesitant at first but she ended up agreeing to go.

Here we are..

"I'm sorry." I said as I laughed.

"You're not sorry!" She hissed as she cried louder making people around us laugh. "You went down first, it looks like you're going to die!" She cried more and I was surprised to hear her statement but at the same time she's too adorable.

"I'n sorry, I'm sorry." I cupped her face and wiped her tears.

"No, you don't! You're laughing at me!" I laughed more when she said that.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Let's go get ice cream, what do you say?" I asked and she shook her head. I hugged her again and giggled.

"That was scary.. You looked like you're going to die!" She cried more and that's when I stopped laughing.

"I'm sorry, we're never going to sky diving again. Okay?" I said as I wiped her tears. Her eyes never left mine and I felt bad now.

"I'm sorry, Angel." I apologized again and she nodded. She wiped her own tears and she looked away.

"You're scared of me going to die huh? I'm here, I'm not going anywhere." I said as I pushed her hair to her ear. She stopped crying for a moment and then she cried again but this time she cried silently.

"Hey hey.. I'm sorry." I said as I cupped her face. I grabbed her hand and walked back to the base slowly. I helped her release all the safety gears and after she was clear to go. She waited for me to release all the safety gears.

I grabbed her hand and led her out from the sky diving place. I stopped right in front my car and turned to her.

"You're still sad?" I asked and she nodded.

"Still hate me?" She looked straight to my eyes and shook her head.

"How about we get ice cream? I know the best ice cream place in town. What do you say?" I asked and she nodded. I chuckled seeing her reaction. I cupped her face and gave a peck on her lips.

We got into the car and drove away. I drove to my all time favorite ice cream shop. It's near the Dubai Fountain so we might as well stroll around. As soon as we walked into the ice cream store, Angel is just.. switched into a whole new person. She ordered a chocolate waffle with vanilla ice cream and cheese cake ice cream.

She really loves vanilla and cheese cake, it's something that she always eats.

I ordered their croissant along with their dark chocolate ice cream. I love their dark chocolate ice cream, the flavour is really thick and creamy.

"What do you want to eat for lunch?" I asked Angel and she turned to me.

"Your food?"

"We're in Dubai, don't you want to try the food?" She decided to ignore my question. She cut her waffles and ate it with the ice cream.

"Hey silly girl.." I said as I stole her ice cream. She ignored me again.

"If you ignore me, I'm not going to cook you lunch." I said and she pouted.

"Silas!" I turned to see Bella and Mirah. They are my friends here in Dubai. I got up and gave them a brief hug. They turned to Angel.

"This is my wife, Evangeline. Angel, this is my friends.. Bella and Mirah." I introduced them to Angel. Angel just politely shook their hand and gave them a small smile.

"I thought you don't have a girlfriend." Mirah said.

"It's my private life, I don't need to tell everyone everything." I said and they nodded.

"We were pretty surprised to see you here, we heard from Shawn that you're in New York." Bella said and I nodded.

"We're on our honeymoon, so.. I'm only be here for awhile and then I'm going back to New York." I said and they looked at me confused.

"But Dubai is your home. You love living here." Mirah said.

"I have my priority now, it's a selfish thing to do." I said and they nodded. They then left us alone and I turned to Angel who decided to stop eating her dessert.

"You're full?"

"That Mirah girl.. she likes you." Angel hissed and looked at me coldly.

"And?" I asked as I ate my croissant.

"She likes you!" She repeated and I shut her down by showing her my wedding ring.

"Your point is? It doesn't change the fact that I'm your husband." I said as I looked at her seriously.

"You're worrying about stupid things." I said.

"She's pretty, why didn't you date her?" Angel asked as she looked out the window. She doesn't even know that she's prettier than her but she doesn't need to know that.

"Evangeline." I said in a warning tone. She turned to me pouting.

"I'm not hungry anymore!" She got up from her seat and walked out from the ice cream shop. I face palmed myself and paid for the bill before going out to follow her.

"Come on.. don't be mad like that." I stopped her and she just looked away from me.

"Evangeline."

"Don't call me that! I hate it when you call me by full name!" She hissed and I sighed.

"Okay.. I won't."