Chapter 19 - Like It

Silas Quinton

"I told you the pizza won't have any effect on you." I joked and Angel laughed but her laugh doesn't reach her eyes. I can see that she has a lot of things going on in her head.

"When do you want this to end, Silas?" She suddenly asked and to be honest.. that never crossed my mind. I know that we're doing this for two months hut I never expected her to ask this after we just said our vows.

"Give me the date on when you want to go back to Dubai." She turned to me and I can't even open my lips to answer her. I turned my head out to the window and she let her hand go from mine.

"Where are we going for our honeymoon?" I asked her that instead.

"Dubai." I turned to her disbelief and she gave me a small smile.

"I want you to show me Dubai, the city that you love so much. You can show me your restaurants too there and maybe you can have a little bit of work before going back to New York." She said and I found myself pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you." I said as I smiled widely.

"We're going there tomorrow, we could pack our stuff today."

"How long are we going to stay there?" I asked curiously.

"About 9 days, if you want to stay for a little longer.. I can go first to New York."

"9 days is enough, it's more than enough."

"Glad to hear that."

We arrived at her penthouse and I helped her holding on to her dress. When we're in the lift going up, I can't stop looking at her. She looked so beautiful and I just want to stare at her all day.

We walked into the pent house and they already prepared us food. A big feast to be exact, they know we will be so hungry once we're done. Angel walked into our bedroom right away and I followed her. I know she will be needing help with her dress.

She looked at herself in the mirror and tried so hard to reach for the lace on the back of her gown. I walked closer to her and our eyes met through the reflection on the mirror. She put her hair to the side revealing her neckline that made me gulp nervously. She put her arms down and I helped her. I opened untied the lace and unzipped her making me facing her bare back.

"Silas." She called me and I looked at her through the reflection on the mirror.

"I'm going to change." She said and I nodded. I walked out from the closet and closed the door. I sat on the edge of the bed and let out a long sigh. After about 15 minutes, she walked out from the closet in her baggy hoodie. Her long legs were visible and tempted me.

"You can change and let's eat together." She said and I looked up to her. I got up and walked into the closet. She already put the wedding dress into the box and put it on one of the shelves. I changed into my hoodie and sweatpants.

I walked out from the closet and realized that it was raining outside. It was raining heavily to be exact. I looked at the ring on my left hand and I found myself not hating it. It was a weird feeling but I bet I'll get use to it.

I walked out from the bedroom and found Angel eating ice cream on the kitchen counter.

"Angel, we're going to eat. Don't eat ice cream too much." I said and she gestured me to come to her. She fed me a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.

"It's a different brand, it's yummier." She said as she took another big scoop. I stole the spoon and ate it.

"Enough for now, let's eat." I said as I picked her down from the kitchen counter. I put the ice cream back to the fridge. I grabbed her hand and led her to the dining room.

We sat side by side and she looked at all the food completely confused. I took the steak first and gave some of it to her. She took a bite and she turned to me.

"What?"

"I don't like it." She said as she bit it slowly. I took a bite and it's good. I bet her private chef did all of this. She grabbed a small bite of everything and don't really eat anything.

"Do you want me to cook something for you?" I asked and she looked at me without saying anything.

"Yes."

"What do you want?"

"Something simple, I don't really eat food like this but I like it when you cook." She said as she turned to her empty plate. I got up from the chair and walked to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed some shimp, cream, pasta and some cherry tomatoes.

She followed me and she watched me cooking from the side. She patiently waiting and once I'm done cooking. I put it on a plate for her and we walked back to the dining table. She looked at the food that I cooked for her and she smiled.

She started to eat it slowly but she ate all of it in no time.

"I heard that you never really eat your food. Why?" I asked and she turned to me.

"I don't like eating alone and I don't really like the food that my private chef make." She said as she grabbed her glass of water.

"Then why don't you change him with another chef?"

"He doesn't know that I don't like his food, he doesn't need to know. He has three kids and his wife left him. If I fire him, how can his daughters eat? He can't take a full time job too." She said in a small tone and that made me smile. She's indeed the same woman who helped that homeless woman on the first day we met.

"But you like my food?"

"Yeah, I like it."