Chapter 7 - Move In

Silas Quinton

"Don't make me change my mind!" I pointed my fingers at Logan and the both of them didn't say anything.

What was I thinking?

I drank my whiskey in one shot as I looked out the window. We're currently drinking in daylight. The three of us didn't say anything. Logan should thanked me for saving his ass from this crazy marriage.

I went home completely drunk and I gathered my family at the living room. I told them the truth and my parents were not happy with my decision. They told me I was crazy but on the other hand, Sean didn't say anything about my decision.

He was surprised but he wasn't that mad or try to stop me.

He knew that I'll leave for Dubai anyway so the divorce won't damage me. Besides my marriage life won't effect my restaurant.

That night, I started to pack my stuff to get ready to move in. Sean helped me and he didn't say a word about it. My parents were mad but they can't change my decision.

I told them that I'll bring Evangeline here tomorrow and I bet they won't be as welcome as usual.

"I don't know why.. you decided to go with this but I hope you don't regret it." Sean said as he closed my luggage and I sat on the edge of the bed.

"I don't even know what made me do that. Something within me moved when I saw her that night. She's lonely, sad.. but still care about people in need without showing it to people. She lied too.. she always make promises that she know she never fulfill." I sighed as I looked out the window.

"Two months.. is not a short time, Silas."

"Nothing will go wrong, Sean. She'll regret it, I will make sure she will." I said confidently and Sean nodded.

Evangeline Mayford

I emptied some of my closet so Silas can put his clothes here. I told my maid to clean the whole penthouse and make space in every place for Silas.

It felt weird. I can't work properly earlier after Silas told me that he'll take Logan's place. Logan was happy, I can tell.

He told me he'll drop off some of his stuff tonight or tomorrow morning. We exchanged number earlier too and he texted me earlier that he already told his parents.

I was nervous.

I never been on this stage before with a man. Usually I dated them for 2-3 weeks and they will always end up finding someone better than me. I ended up wsnting them back and be the villain.

Can I really be selfish this time? I should be. My parents raised me to be selfish and take control in everything.

"I want you to look some information for me." I told Mary as I sat on my study.

"Yes, Ms. Mayford. Anything.."

Silas Quinton

Angel picked me up from the lobby to go to her penthouse. I brought two luggages with me and she gave me the key to get into her penthouse since I'll be living there from now on.

None of us talk on our way up. She helped me by holding my luggage but I doubt that she can help me with that. Her body is too small to even push the luggage.

Once we arrived, her maids already greeted me and when she tried to help me with my luggage, she ended up struggling more. I took over and we walked in.

I was surprised to see her penthouse. Her interior was modern with a touch of white and gold everywhere. She led me to her room or.. I can say.. our room after next week.

"I only have one bedroom since I turned other rooms into something else. If you're uncomfortab-"

"I'm not." I put my luggage in her room and started to look around. She showed me that she spared me some space for me to put my clothes. I walked out the kitchen and her maid showed me around the kitchen. I opened the fridge and there's nothing.

"You guys haven't buy groceries?" I asked one of the maids.

"Ms. Mayford never like to eat, she hired a private chef but never really eat the food. We.. rarely see her eat." That explains everything.

"I already ask Mary to buy some groceries and it will come tomorrow. I sent the chef back to my parents since you're a chef and I rarely eat at home so.. it will be enough for you to eat-"

"You'll eat with me." I cut her and she looked at me speechless.

"I don't like eating at home." She said as she crossed her arms.

"Why not?"

"Just because.." She said and she turned around. I still can see her wound on her elbow. This woman doesn't even bother to get it treat. I followed her back to her bedroom.

I opened my luggage and started putting on my clothes to the empty spaces that she spares me. I started to hang on some formal clothes too.

"I can do it myself, you don't need to look at me." I said and she left the room. I put everything in place and walked into the bathroom. I put some of my stuff there too.

That's when I saw sleeping pills near the sink.

I know that's sleeping pills because my mom usually takes one when she's stress writing her books. I walked out from her room and found her drinking water in the kitchen.

"I'll be back tomorrow morning and I'll pick you up at 7 to have dinner with my family." I said and she nodded.

"Good night, Angel."

"Good night, Silas."