Chapter 26 - Worried

Evangeline Mayford

I opened up my eyes slowly and checked the clock. It was 2 in the morning, I slowly slipped away from Silas' arms and walked out from the bedroom. I sat on the sofa and just looked out to the beautiful night view of Dubai.

I got up and walked towards the window. Because Silas love this city so much, it made me love this city too.

To be honest, this trip was out of my comfort zone. I tried skydiving, eating new foods and desserts, swimming in the sea and just living my best life that I never live before.

You don't know how much I thanked God for Silas to come into my life but also.. it made me feel more insecure about myself. I don't deserve him, in any way, shape or form. He was too good for me that I would like to keep it that way.

Before we went to sleep, I contacted Mary to find Mr. McClary's contact. He's friends with my dad so I bet it will be easy to find his contact. I'm planning to invest in Silas' restaurant through him.

In two months, I'll be divorcing him but I still want him to grow his wings out. I know he's already known in the culinary world but people deserve to know and taste his foods. It's amazing.

I've already prepared a lot of things in my head after this ends. He might be angry with me for talking about this again and again but trust me.. he'll thanked me one day for it.

Suddenly, I felt so hungry and I wanted to buy some snacks. I grabbed my wallet and decided to go doenstairs to the convenience store. I leaned to the lift wall as it goes down thinking about what kind food should I buy.

I went out from his apartment building and walked a little bit to the building beside it. I walked into the convenience store and the cashier greeted me nicely. She was counting some ciggarettes and putting it on the shelf.

I walked into the food section and looked at all the foods. I decided to buy some potato chips, ice cream and some sausages with cheese. I walked to the cashier and then her eyes widen when she saw me.

"Are you.. are you Evangeline Mayford?" She gasped when she saw me and I nodded but still a little confuse. I never thought someone would recognize me.

"I'm your biggest fan! I've always dreamt to be someone like you! I love designing jewelries!" She squealed as she took out her drawing book and showed it to me. I saw surprised to see her drawing, she's really talented.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 21 years old."

"Are you still in the university?" I asked and she shook her head.

"My family couldn't afford it and my mother is sick so I don't really have the option to study." I smiled when she said that.

"Can you tell me your name?"

"My name is Aliyah." She introduced herself and I took out some cash to pay my food and gave my business card to her.

"Oh my god!" She said as she looked at it.

"I'm going home to New York in 2 week, email me in two weeks and we can talk about business after that. What do you think?" I asked and she literally jumped up and down excitedly. I chuckled seeing her.

"You're such an Angel, Ms. Mayford." She said and I nodded.

"Oh! I'm sorry for.. talking.. too much. Let me change your ice cream into the colder one." She said. She ran to the food section and brought me a new ice cream along with a new tub of ice cream.

"This is the best ice cream brand and it's so good. You should try it!" She said and I took out more cash but she insisted that she wanted to give it to me as a gratitude.

"Thankyou, Ms. Mayford." She said once again.

"Email me in 2 weeks." I reminded her and she nodded. I walked back to Silas' apartement building and smiled knowing that I can help such a talented girl like Aliyah.

How can I waste such talent like her? Just because she doesn't go to university, she doesn't deserve to work in Mayford Fashion and Jewelry. I walked back into Silas' apartment and found Silas already up and he was looking at me angrily.

"Where were you?!" He asked as he raised his voice. I raised my plastic bag to show him that I just went to the convenience store.

"You didn't even bother to take your phone?!" He asked and I looked at him completely confuse. Why is he mad like this? I'm pretty sure he showed me the convenience store yesterday.

"I went down to get food and I don't need to bring my phone. It's just a sh-" Suddenly someone knocked the door, Silas walked pass me and opened the door revealing 5 security people. Silas then explained that I went home just now. The guards looked at me and they went away.

"Did you just?" I asked and he looked at me disbelief.

"Do you know how shock I was not seeing you beside me? You're not even in the living room nor in the bathroom nor in the kitchen!" He said as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Silas, it's not a big deal. Why are you mad at me for going to the store?"

"It's 2 am, Angel! I thought you ran away!" He said as he grabbed his glass filling it with water. I'm still confused why he's mad at me.

"Do you know how worried I am? 2 in the morning and my wife is missing! She didn't even care to bring her phone! I almost called the police for it!" He bursted angrily and that made me speechless.

"Why didn't you just wake me up?" He calmed down a little bit. He walked over to me and sighed. I turned my body to him nervously completely ready for him to scold me again.

He pulled me into his arms and that made me stay there like a statue instantly. He hugged me tightly and rubbed my back.

"I was worried."