CHAPTER •°• three

A FEW DAYS LATER, on one Saturday morning, Remus went to meet with Lily at the library.

They were supposed to study for the Transfiguration exam planned on Monday, but Moony knew that - and he was pretty sure that Lily knew that too - it was going to end up with them talking, anyway.

But that was a good thing - even though he and Lily were both prefects they hardly had time to meet. They mostly went like 'Lily, you take care of that first-year student and I can check on those second-year students that keep being loud, ok?' and separated ways to do their tasks.

So now that Remus finally told James, very clearly, that he and Lily were going to study, he could happily spend some quality time with her.

And, once the right time came, he met with her in the common room and from there the two of them made their way to the library.

They took their usual spot - next to the books about wizarding history. They liked it a lot, even though it wasn't the most quiet or intimate place in the library. What pulled them towards it, however, was the fact that when they were bored and tired, they could take one of the books, open it on a random page and laugh from what was written there. It was especially funny that Lily didn't know most of those facts and Remus only knew the basics.

But, oh man, the wizarding history was weird. And also pretty gay, actually, even though most of the historians seemed to be 'straightening' it.

Remus sighed, looking at Lily as she was taking out her books - some appearances had to be kept.

"So." He started, as she finally straightened up on her chair and looked at him. "You said you would explain something about some girl that you were in a group on Herbology." He said.

Lily giggled slightly at the memory and, after moving her hair away from her face, began explaining.

"Well, yes, so Mary and Dorcas were in a group with some Hufflepuffs they know so me and Joan were left alone." She started, playing with her quill. "And you know how Sprout is with the number of people in the group, so we joined Maggie and some other girls from Hufflepuff." She continued. "Maggie was cool, like she didn't work all the time, she joked around a lot, but like it was sometimes even kind of funny, though I'm not a fan of dick jokes." She explained and Remus frowned on her last sentence.

"Dick jokes?" He asked. "I didn't know she made dick jokes." He stated, confused and for a moment thought that maybe making dick jokes could be a good tactic in romance... but no. No, why would he ever think that?

The only person it could work for was Sirius, and Remus wasn't going to date Sirius, because well... Moony was rather into girls.

Well, he admired boys aesthetically, okay? Like James had nice abs. The abs he would have to tell Lily about, but well not only James looked objectively good. For example Sirius had nice hair and a nice face and oh, he had very aesthetic, grey... or maybe green eyes, but that was only Remus's definition of being attractive. 

Nothing more.

"Well yes, quite a bit of them, actually." Lily answered Lupin's question seemingly not suspecting what feelings did that fact cause in Remus. "Anyway, it's not really about her." She added quickly. "Like I said, she was okay, just like this other girl... I think her name was like Maria. I'm not sure, but that's not important." Lily accidentally scratched herself with her quill so she paused for a moment to look at her finger and only then continued, putting the quill away. "But the interesting one is Virginia." She finished finally and Remus frowned.

"Virginia?" He asked. "That's an odd name, I don't think I even know who's that." He said and Lily inhaled deeply.

"Oh you should be happy about that." She decided, her expression visibly irritated. "Well, Virginia kept just talking some bullshit about her boyfriend, who told her that she had pretty hair, through the whole project. And she was also pretending to work, when really she was just stabbing the ground in the same spot." She huffed, annoyed and Remus had to bite his tongue to stop himself from saying 'are you sure Virginia is not James?'