CHAPTER •°• eight

I don't even know what kind of sleep deprived monstrosity this chapter is, but yeah... Enjoy?

°•○•°

     ALMOST A WEEK LATER, James's voice woke Sirius up way too soon and all that he wanted to do was throw Potter out the window.

Instead though, he just covered up his ears and moved on his other side, hoping that the other Marauders would forget about this stupid 'joke' and go to sleep just like he wanted to do.

But he should have known better.

He should have known that Remus was a damned perfectionist, even if it came to breaking the rules - once the plan was set, there was no stopping from getting it to the end, no if it came to Lupin.

"Sirius!" Black heard and before he could do anything, the curtains of his bed were drawn open and someone shook him slightly stronger than necessary. "Sirius, wake up." Hissed James and Padfoot sat up, frustrated, almost hitting his friend in a face with his own head.

"You act just like my mother." He growled, but all that James did was roll his eyes. 

"Get out of the bed. We only have a few hours." Said Potter and Black sighed deeply.

"Get out of the bed." He mocked Potter. "You even talk like her." He decided, but slowly stood up just to see that Peter and Remus also were ready to go - which just meant that they had their wands, the invisibility cloak and the Marauders map ready and stood next to the door.

Sirius sighed deeply, but didn't say anything more. He remembered being excited for the plan just the evening before. Except that then he couldn't fall asleep for a few hours, because there was no one next to him - Maggie slept in her own dormitory this time - and he got used to sleeping with someone too much.

But it's not like he had much of a choice, so he took his wand and came to Peter and Remus.

Lupin smiled at him encouragingly and Sirius tried to smile back, but it probably looked more like a really creepy frown, cause Remus quickly looked away.

Black sighed, angry at his own face, but no one seemed to notice.

"Okay. Just to review." James spoke, getting close to the door as well. "Me and Peter do the manual work." He started and then, Sirius was almost sure of that, winked at Moony. "And Remus and Sirius take the Map and stand on guard." James took a bag that they prepared the night before.

Sirius frowned. Could it be that James and Remus had an additional joke? Like, the way Potter winked at Lupin seemed off... Black yawned and then shrugged.

Whatever, if they had a joke on him or Peter planned then he would cross that bridge once he came to it. He was too tired to think about it.

Peter opened the door, James covered all of them with the cloak and the Marauders quietly went out of their dormitory. Remus was holding the map and so Black felt safe seeing that.

After all Lupin was really careful and he rarely let mistakes or imperfections slide. He was practically a definition of good, hard work.

The four of them quickly and with no bigger trouble made their way to the Great Hall. Everything, as expected, was empty and there was no other student or teacher in the closest proximity.

The map showed them that the closest anyone has been was Filch in his office, but he didn't seem to be moving so they assumed that he was sleeping and therefore there was no danger, at least not yet.

James winked at Remus once again before he and Peter went inside of the Great Hall and took the miniature cups out of the bag.

James quickly started to enlarge them and gave them to Peter, who carried them on the other side of the room and started to put them, one next to the other, on the floor.