CHAPTER •°• six

OVER A WEEK has passed since Sirius asked Maggie to be with him again. So far he's only given her flowers right before the Defence Against the Dark Arts - there were the most people to see them.

Beside that they kept holding hands in public places and kissing goodbye in the Great Hall.

It's true that they never really did that before, but no one seemed to be suspicious of anything.

Quite the opposite, actually. Sirius could swear a few younger Hufflepuffs were looking at them with dreamy eyes and he even once noticed a Ravenclaw tearing up when they saw the two of them kissing.

Which was odd, as for a Ravenclaw, but Maggie wasn't a typical Hufflepuff either and yet that was her house, so yeah.

Anyway, the plan seemed to be working just fine. The only thing that bothered Sirius about it was how Remus kept looking at him oddly.

Like... like he suspected something? For example, on that one Charms lesson when he swore - which, by the way, seemed really odd of him as well - Sirius could swear that Lupin was glancing at him all the time.

And he didn't do that normally, did he? Like at least Sirius didn't notice. So it had to be something connected to that. Did Remus realise that Sirius was indeed fooling them and swore because of that?

No, but that didn't make any sense. If he knew something then why wouldn't he ask Sirius about it yet?

Maybe he waited for the right moment? But would there ever be the right moment? And, if there would, why Remus would bother himself to wait for...

Just then, Sirius heard knocking to their dormitory door and he felt as his early morning thoughts disappeared, replaced by a question.

Who the hell was that?

Sirius heard the knocking repeat so he drew his curtain from the bed open and got up from the bed.

He simultaneously noticed that Remus and Peter also woke up because of that. Only James didn't move an inch, but that wasn't a surprise. Potter was always a heavy sleeper.

So Sirius shook his head and, hearing another knock, already wanted to get to the door, but Remus got there first.

He opened it with a lazy move, but once he saw who was outside his expression seemed to fall a bit and he froze for a few seconds.

"Maggie?" He asked, his tone oddly indifferent, which was quite unusual of him.

Sirius frowned and felt anxiety on a thought of his plan falling apart.

So, he quickly laughed loudly and got to the door, pushing Remus slightly away.

"Maggie!" He shouted and she glanced at him, mockingly.

"Sirius, bro..." she started, but then glanced at Remus and finished differently. "Brother of Merlin, I love you so much." She said and Sirius had to stop himself not to laugh.

He kissed her quickly and, said, trying to get out of the awkward situation.

"I've got you a gift." He said, getting to his night shelf to get a pack of chocolates he got for himself last time he was in Hogsmeade, but had no occasion to open them yet.

In fact he'd rather to keep them for himself, but he knew that he and Maggie would consume them together anyway and some appearances had to be kept.

So, ignoring Remus's hurt look - for a moment he thought that he promised to eat the chocolates with him, but he couldn't remember that kind of agreement so he decided to ignore it - took the chocolates out and pulled them out to Maggie.