CHAPTER •°• eighteen

"...AND THEN SHE told me what her soulmate mark was!" James finally finished the story about how he and Lily got kind of together in Hogsmeade, the day before. "And guys, I just can't believe my luck." He sighed deeply and only then glanced at Remus.

Moony was sitting in the Great Hall and listening to the whole story, while trying to look like he was eating, in silence. And, as Sirius was a few seats away with Maggie - of course he was - and Peter was cheering on every word that Potter said, James hardly noticed that Remus was down.

He actually probably hardly noticed that Remus was there, but well... Moony didn't really want to be noticed.

He kind of felt what Peter could normally feel though. 

Potter cleared his throat.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly and Remus just shrugged.

He wasn't okay, but he didn't want to destroy the mood, so he just answered.

"Yeah, I guess." He said. For a moment James looked like he was going to say something more, but he finally remained silent. Instead, he came back to eating his toasts.

Meanwhile Remus sighed wondering whether that's how Peter normally felt. Could be. But from the other side Peter was probably used to that and Remus... Remus wanted to know whether that's how it was going to be from now on. 

Sirius, sitting away from them, with Maggie, James and Peter laughing at something, and Remus alone, trying to make himself eat.

He glanced down at his plate and finally gave up. He put down the fork, took a sip of his pumpkin juice and leaned his head on his hands.

It was so weird how in twenty four hours his whole mood just totally changed. If someone asked him the morning before what he would be doing the next day, he would say 'talking with Sirius'. 

But well... Remus sighed and just then he heard a loud shout, coming from the side of the table Sirius and Maggie were sitting at.

"You never really loved me!" Announced loudly Sirius and Remus's gaze shot in his direction. "You only ever cared about... about all the expensive things I bought you, cuz... you're poor!" He shouted and Maggie, who also stood up violently, shouted back.

"What even is love to you!" She screamed into his face and Remus shuddered. He had no idea what was that about and it seemed to him like some kind of spectacle. "I am richer than you, I don't care about your gifts!" She decided and tried to rip the silver necklace that Sirius gave her off her neck. 

Except that it turned out to be harder than she expected and so when she pulled the necklace she moved with her whole body after it and lost her balance for a second. Sirius seemed like he was going to help her, but then, like he reminded himself about something, he moved away.

"Well you never cared about me either!" Pointed out Sirius loudly, observing as Maggie was slowly getting rid of the necklace in a traditional way.

Finally, she managed to take this off and once she did, she threw it straight into Sirius's face and ignored it as it fell on the floor.

"Why would I care about someone who only ever talks about his hair!" She threw at him. "Go and eat your hair masks!" She ordered and Sirius huffed.

"No! You go and eat your dick!" He shouted and Remus was almost, almost sure that Maggie smirked at that.

But the moment was too short to be certain, cause right after that she suddenly jumped on the table, causing a general murmur among everyone in the Great Hall, and shouted.

"So that's that!" She screamed, her voice almost hurt. "You used to love my dick!" She threw in Sirius's face and this time Remus was almost sure that he was the one to smirk.