CHAPTER •°• thirteen

SIRIUS CAME INTO his own common room holding a bouquet of roses in his hand and a little box in his pocket. He and Maggie specifically chose the most busy hour of the day to do their little 'show', so there were a lot of people around.

He briefly recognized a few faces, belonging not only to Gryffindors, but also to Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, rather not to Slytherins. He smiled at a few people and nodded to a few others, while getting himself through the crowd.

Maggie was waiting for him in the most visible spot possible - right next to the chimney - just like they decided she would and Sirius, seemingly only then noticing her, smiled widely and waved at her, hurrying in her side.

She also waved at him delicately and smiled back, raising her eyebrows at the bouquet. 

Sirius found himself just next to the Hufflepuff within a few steps and he specifically made sure to slightly push through the people on his way, so that they would turn their attention to him. 

"Hm, isn't it Black." Said Maggie, basicly eye-fucking him and Sirius rolled his eyes, seeing the ironic smirk on her lips.

"And isn't it White?" He asked, especially loudly and bowed teathratically before Maggie. Then he straightened himself up and pulled the bouquet on his side. "For you." He stated the obvious and Maggie took a flock of her hair away from her face before answering.

"For me?" She asked, slowly taking the flowers from his hands and, making sure that at least some people were watching, by coughing loudly beforehand, kissed him softly.

Sirius quickly broke the kiss though and, before Maggie got to start playing with the situation and making it too funny for him to hold his laughter, he took out the box with a silver necklace inside. The two of them both paid for it and Maggie chose it herself, just for that occasion.

"It's for our eight months anniversary." Padfoot said, his voice perhaps a bit too sweet. Though it didn't seem to matter, cause he still heard a gasp behind his back. "I hope you'll like it. I chose it myself." He admitted and could see that Maggie had to use all her will power not to roll her eyes.

"Oh, that's so thoughtful of you." She said taking the box out of his hands and opening it. When she saw what's inside, her mouth opened slightly and she raised her eyebrows really, really high. "It's so pretty." She said and Sirius smiled at her with, or at least he hoped that's what it looked like, relief.

"I'm glad you like it." He said and Maggie quickly nodded her head.

"It's wonderful." She gave him another kiss, this time a quicker one, on the cheek and Sirius, pretending to be stunned by her reaction, proposed.

"Do you want me to help you... put that on?" He asked, his voice gentle, but also a bit too loud as for a situation like this. Though like... that was a point of all that.

Maggie nodded, gave Sirius the necklace and turned around, moving her hair away from her neck. Black put the jewelry around her neck and, as smoothly as he could, clasped it.

Once he was done, the Hufflepuff turned back around and ostentatiously hugged him. He gave back the hug and turned his head to the side of the rest of the common room where all of their 'audience' was sitting. 

He didn't think he would notice anyone specific that he knew, but right in the moment in which he glanced in that side, his gaze met Remus's and Black had to use all his will power not to gasp.

Lupin was looking at him, his expression seemingly hurt, as he observed Padfoot hugging and kissing Maggie. Sirius swallowed hard, quickly turning his gaze away, while also ending the hug.