CHAPTER •°• twenty five

SIRIUS COULDN'T RECALL when was the last time that he had such great fun on Herbology. Probably never, but well, not that he cared.

He was just happy that he could talk to Remus while Sprout was mumbling something about some flowers.

Well, she wasn't mumbling, her voice was actually pretty loud, but for all Sirius cared, she could have been mumbling.

Cause all that he heard was Remus's amused voice when he was telling him about that one time when he tried to actually stop thinking about Sirius.

Hilarious, truly, especially that Black was the main character of that story.

"...but like, you don't understand." Remus sighed deeply and shook his head, when Sirius laughed at him again. "It's like I was close to succeeding but then you appeared and it was like... I couldn't not think about you when you were there." He explained.

Sirius snorted under his breath simply shaking his head. And he once thought that Remus and James were fucking. Like really, in what universe would he have to live, so that...

"Professor Sprout!" Someone shouted, suddenly entering the greenhouse, and making Sirius shudder, startled. "I'm sorry I'm late, I had something important to do." Said the voice and only then Sirius suddenly realised.

It was Maggie's voice. 

He turned around, along with Remus, to look in the direction of the entrance and there she was. White in all her glory, with a creased shirt, covered in sweat, and panting.

"Ms White." Stated Sprout calmly, but disapprovingly, and added after a moment. "Please take a seat." She ordered and Maggie nodded her head quickly.

For a moment Sirius thought she was going to sit at one of the free desks to be able to respond to the letter, presumably, from Shackelbolt.

Sirius figured out it was from him that morning when Maggie instantly smiled once she got the mail.

Sirius personally hardly knew that feeling. Not in school anyway. He was happy from the letters at home, but all that they brought him in school was sorrow and disappointment. 

That way or another, Sirius was indeed shocked when Maggie didn't take an empty seat but made their way towards him and Remus and sat down on an empty chair next to Black.

He raised his eyebrows surprised and quickly glanced at Remus, but his boyfriend - yes it was official, they established that last night when they were falling asleep - simply shrugged.

"Sirius." Maggie panted out, a bit too loudly, still trying to catch her breath. "I have to tell you something." She said and Sirius laughed at that slightly, cause Maggie's face was simply hilarious.

"What, did you come up with a new dick joke?" He asked her freely with a much quieter voice than she used. But when he glanced at her expression more carefully, he noticed that there was no sign of amusement there. 

He frowned, when Maggie shook her head slowly and her hand gently embraced his own palm.

"They know." She said finally and Sirius glanced at Remus again, not sure what was that about.

Or maybe not wanting to believe what was that about.

"Who knows what?" Asked suddenly Remus, leaning on the desk in order to see Maggie more clearly. "Don't keep us in suspense." He ordered, his tone visibly anxious and his hand finding Sirius's free palm under the table, to squeeze it gently.

"I was just talking with Virginia." Started Maggie, threw a glance at Sprout to make sure she wasn't listening to them, and continued. "And she knows that you're..." Maggie paused and Sirius could feel a tide appearing on his stomach. "...not straight. And in relationship with Remus or well... a boy." She took a deep breath again and Balck felt that he's getting dizzy. "And if she knows then everybody knows."