CHAPTER •°• thirty

Finally, I've got to the end...

I honestly didn't quite believe I would be able to, and I surely didn't believe that this story will do so well, but yeah... here you go, the last chapter.

°•○•°

   REMUS AND SIRIUS were coming back from the owlery, both having sent their letters home. 

It was Wednesday evening and Christmas was almost there. The two of them were both happy about that, but from the other side also sad, because that meant they wouldn't see each other for a while.

And besides, when Remus was glancing at Sirius, he could clearly see that his boyfriend was nervous.

Probably because he agreed to come home for Christmas and he hasn't been home for Christmas since fourth year.

Remus did encourage him to do that, but he couldn't help but feel unsure about it himself. He was afraid that Sirius was going to come back depressed and even more conflicted with his parents than before.

And if he would, Moony would feel guilty for leading him to make that decision. But from the other side, maybe it was going to turn out okay, maybe Sirius's relationship with his parents was going to improve.

Remus wasn't sure, but he knew that he had to do his best in supporting Sirius, no matter what happened.

So, sticking to that thought, he decided that it was a high time to make Sirius stop thinking about whatever was worrying him, and said.

"Are you curious about how Maggie's date went?" He asked and Sirius looked at him, interrupted in the middle of the thought.

For a moment he looked like he was gathering his thoughts, before he finally spoke

"They probably ended up making out in some closet. I bet I could even show you which one." He decided, his tone slightly mocking, and Remus snorted.

"I don't think I want to know." He decided, but Sirius only rolled his eyes and caught Remus's hand in his, in a reassuring gesture.

"Oh, come on, I came out to Maggie in that closet." Said Black, his thoughts evidently already far away from whatever was bothering him before. 

Remus took that as his little, personal success, and snorted under his breath on the irony of the situation.

"Coming out in the closet?" He mocked him. "Sounds like a title of a bad, gay romance." He decided and Sirius laughed on that.

"Ha, I mean you're kind of right." Admitted Padfoot with a shrug. "I never really thought about it before." He added and Remus nodded. 

He sighed slightly under his breath and, as Sirius didn't add anything more, he spoke again.

"So, how about we go and visit Ma-" He paused mid sentence.

As he and Sirius turned into another corridor, they saw a couple kissing.

Normally they would just probably say 'yo, gross'. Except that it wasn't just any couple.

It was James and Lily.

Sirius glanced at Remus, trying to suppress laughter and Lupin quickly pulled his boyfriend back on the previous corridor.

They quickly made their way back a few hundred meters and once they were in a safe proximity, Sirius said.

"I honestly thought James was like paying her to pretend she was his girlfriend." He whispered and Remus giggled slightly.