𝐓 𝐄 𝐍

I forgot to mention this—some parts of this story are inspired by gossip girl ! (not entirely though, so you don't have to worry about spoilers if you haven't seen it yet)

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍
warning: profanities and mentions of alcohol ahead.

T H I R D P E R S O N

"Welcome home, Draco." Narcissa greeted her son as he entered the enormous doors of the Malfoy manor, arms wide open and a sweet smile formed on her face. She walked towards him and embraced him tightly as Lucius walked in behind the two. "I'm sorry I couldn't come along with your father to fetch you," She pulled away, still holding her son's arms and looking at him with much affection. "I was busy making something for you." She turned around excitedly, heading to the kitchen. "Come."

Draco shook his head, removing his black coat before following his mother to the kitchen. "What is it now mum- is that apple pie?" Draco's eyes widened like a little boy who saw a bowl of candy. He sat down on one of the elevated chairs in front of the counter as Narcissa set down a plate with a slice of freshly-baked apple pie in front of him, the warm aroma of cinnamon and apple making Draco feel like a child once again.

He picked up the knife and fork, excitement bubbling in his stomach. Narcissa never failed to bring out the little boy in Draco whenever she made his favorite home-cooked food. Before the happy boy could take his first bite, Lucius entered the kitchen with a pissed expression from seeing Draco act all giddy. He aggressively taped his shoulder with his cane, Draco's fork freezing in mid-air.

He turned to see Lucius, who was giving him a very familiar disappointed look. One he had seen way too many times—and it never was a delight knowing he's done something displeasing to his father once again.

"Do man up, will you?" Draco sat up, now hesitating to eat the pie. "The Parkinsons will be having dinner with us, dress nice." He looked sternly at him one last time before turning around and heading out of the kitchen.

A poorly-concealed frown forms on Draco's face as he watched him walk out, letting out a deep breath. Narcissa takes the seat beside him, placing a hand on his arm. "Don't mind him, sweetheart. He seems to take things too seriously these days."

Draco nodded emotionlessly, looking down on his plate and beginning to eat his pie slowly and hesitantly. His father's approach altered his mood completely. Narcissa looked at her son worriedly.

Seeing him be treated like a puppet by his own father broke her heart. But there was nothing she could do, and that's what smashed it even more.

"I'm sorry." She whispered to him. "I hope you understand why we need to do this."

-

"Good evening," Lucius smiled enthusiastically at the family of three who were standing outside the opened doors of the manor. One was a tall, grim man named Payton Parkinson, the great grandson of the infamous Perseus Parkinson. Perseus was the past minister of magic, known for his hatred for muggle-borns and muggles in general. He stood beside a stern looking woman in a high ponytail, Stephania Parkinson, his wife and the mother of Pansy Parkinson. All had jet black hair, dressed in conservative yet formal clothing. There's no question that this prim and proper family would be welcomed at the Malfoy residence.