𝐅 𝐈 𝐅 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐅 𝐈 𝐅 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍warning: profanities ahead

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐅 𝐈 𝐅 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍
warning: profanities ahead.

C L E M E N T I A

Dearest Clem,

I've always wondered why you've never asked—but I think it's about time that you know. It's just sad that I get to pass this to you over a letter. During my time in Paris, let's say- more or less 18 years ago, in a museum was a tall and beautiful statue. Her expression was calm and free of wrath—nothing like me. She wore a flowy white dress that stopped at her ankles. Her locks were curly and neatly styled around her face. I asked around, what her name was.

She was a greek goddess, the goddess of mercy and forgiveness. Clementia.

I found it odd that a person would be known for such a trait. But as time went by, I realized how similar we were. Right after I got back from that trip, I found out all the demolishing things your father had done. It was the hardest time for me, and I could never imagine how I got up from that point in my life.

But after a year or so, somehow we found our way back to each other. You know this story, right? Few more mishaps here and there—but after all that's happened, he still managed to make me reflect upon myself. That no matter how my world fell apart, no matter how much I wanted to ask someone to erase him from my memory—he always found his way back to me.

And after that, I found out the other half of the things he did for me, what he went through to get me back. Nevertheless, every single problem that hindered our relationship will never equate to what he made me feel—wanted and loved. More than anything in this world, through any circumstance he would prove himself to me as a changed man.

And then there was you, the symbol of my clemency and forgiveness for your father. The symbol of the 'good' that we received after experiencing the bad.

Same goes for you, my dear. Forgiveness isn't an easy step. But it's one you can never skip on the way to being completely free.

I've sent my regards to the Diggorys and cleared the air with his parents. It's all you now.

See you soonest,
Cornelia

"Dani!" I growled at the girl inside the bathroom.

"What is it?" She answered, her loud voice standing out from the sound of the shower. "Did your hair get stuck on your zipper again?"

"No, you idiot," I walked closer to the bathroom door, rolling my eyes. "Did you send a letter to mother?"

Silence.

"I'll take that as a yes. Merlin, i'm gonna murder you." I palmed my forehead, scanning the letter all over again.

"They sent me one first," She opened the bathroom door, revealing her slender body wrapped in a towel. Her platinum blonde hair hung from her back, leaving a few droplets of water on the floor whenever she moved. "Because apparently their one and only child had forgotten they exist."