𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘  𝐎 𝐍 𝐄warning: profanities ahead

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘  𝐎 𝐍 𝐄
warning: profanities ahead.

C L E M E N T I A

It was Monday, 7:08 a.m. Danielle and I were one of the first to arrive at the Great Hall—there were at least eleven people in the Slytherin table, and not above twenty in the other houses.

I woke up a little earlier, gathered all the parchment that was piled up on the top of my cupboard, and forced Danielle to start the day with me as soon as possible. I was drowning in nearing due dates, and I had no choice but to start accomplishing them or i'd fail the year.

Danielle, still groggy and heavy-lidded with sleep, pushed around the eggs on her plate with a fork as I sat beside her and tried to search for what I needed to do first.

"Let's see," I sighed. "A Charms and Transfiguration 6-inch essay due in three days, a DADA 12-inch essay due tomorrow, another 12-inch essay in DADA but a different topic due the next day, a group research in Potions and a partner work due in a week, a test in History of Magic tomorrow, and the test in Potions that I missed. Good grief, are they trying to kill us?"

My head snapped towards Danielle. "What else haven't you done?"

"I've finished the DADA essays. That's it." She barely made an effort to move her mouth as she answered. Her head was propped up with her fist, her cheek raised from the force. "My group mates in the Potions research suck, and Snape paired us with our seat mate for the partner work."

"So you worked with Blaise?"

She gave a lazy grunt.

"Have you finished it?" Another grunt.

I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. "And the test?"

"Oh, and that too."

I closed my eyes and tried to sort it all out. "Okay. I'd do the first essay on DADA today, study for the test on History of Magic, and try to see if I could take a make-up test for Potions. The rest could wait until tomorrow." I blew a short breath and opened my eyes to see Danielle's head slowly leaning downward.

"I'm going to need Granger and whoever is next in line after her to combine their power and hand it to me in order for me to finish all of this." I spread the parchments across the table with my palm. "Come to think of it, who is next to Granger?"

When she didn't answer after a few seconds, I placed my palm gently on her shoulder. "Dani,"

"Huh?" Her head shot up, eyes still closed.