𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐎 𝐍 𝐄warning: profanities ahead

warning: profanities ahead.

T H I R D  P E R S O N

There are certain things that signify new beginnings.

Fireworks, for instance, symbolize a start of a new year. Like a gunshot to commence a game. The cold mist and mellow sunlight for a new day, whereas darkness and sheer moonlight indicate the end of it; all the natural and traditional occurrences every single being is used to.

But this wasn't the case for Hogwarts students. For them, it was neither nature nor celebrations which marked a fresh start. Instead—it was the grey steam that came out from the howling train chimney, the whistling sounds the vehicle emitted to announce departure, the luggage wheels rolling on the rough ground, and swarms and swarms of students roaming around to kiss their family goodbye and find their own group of friends before boarding—this was, for them, the beginning of yet another year of books, potions, and magic. Another year at Hogwarts.

Like any other student, Clementia Bass was escorted to Platform Nine and Three Quarters by her parents, bags and owl cage in hand. However, her arrival was the only thing that was ordinary.

"Take the sunglasses off, Clem." Charles Bass, Clementia's father, turned to her.

The sixteen-year-old, who was wearing a matching designer coat and skirt instead of her uniform, obeyed. A pair of beautiful turquoise blue eyes were revealed as she took off her sunglasses, glimmering in the midday sunlight. She placed it inside her expensive-looking purse that added to the factors that made it hard to believe that she was just another fourth-year student who was about to board the train along with the others.

Clementia felt a light hand caressing her sand-colored hair. "Be good." It was Cornelia, her mother.

"I'm not eleven, mother." The teen gently swatted her mother's hand away from her hair, before turning to the two to pull them into the annual goodbye hug they had every single year before she left for school.

"Oh! I almost forgot," Cornelia jolted from the hug, immediately opening her own purse and pulling out a white handkerchief with Clementia's name embroidered on it.

"Again, mother, I am not ele-"

"Just take it," The mother shoved it into her daughter's hands, a chuckle coming from her father. "Now, go." She nodded her head forward, directing Clementia to the train.

"We're one owl away, honey." Her father reminded, like he did every single year.

Just as she turned around to walk away, Cornelia exclaimed something—specifically a name—that made the girl's eyes drop to the floor and lips shape into a frown.

"Say hi to Cedric for me!"

"Clemy!" A loud voice called out from across the station, lifting Clementia's mood instantly.