𝐓 𝐖 𝐎

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐖 𝐎 warning: profanities ahead

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎
warning: profanities ahead.

C L E M E N T I A

Loud footsteps and chattering sounded through the halls as students of different years and houses entered the Great Hall. I stuck on Danielle's right side the whole time, not wanting to mingle with the other Slytherins on her left. But I had no other choice when we sat down on the Slytherin table. I looked around as I quietly watched the others converse amongst themselves about their vacation, some already whispering about the new professor who had just walked in.

My eyes eventually landed on the infamous group of Slytherin boys, who were laughing about something on the Gryffindor table. That was, before a pair of crystal grey eyes within them met mine.

Seated at the opposite side from where I was, skin nearly as pale as his hair.

Acquainted was the word to describe how I was related to him. And though he is the cousin of my best friend, I can barely remember a time when we got along well. The boy I'm looking at right now is too narcissistic and self-proclaimed for his own good—and the younger version of myself would never put up with people like him. This caused some bickering and arguments, but never anything serious. Since the second year, I don't think I've exchanged a word with him.

I looked away, realizing that we've been looking at each other for a few seconds now. This was the problem—I couldn't do anything too suspicious, because there was always someone watching. Merlin knows why some people are just so interested in everything I do.

Dumbledore told everyone to settle down and the sorting of the first years began. I looked over to the Hufflepuff table to see Cedric casually chatting with his friends. They're so lucky to actually hear something from him.

"Staring at him won't change anything, Clemy." Danielle snapped her fingers in front of me, lightly chuckling.

"How is it that he can talk to his friends and not to me?" I asked, refusing to look away from him.

"How is that he can relax and you can't?" She told me, mocking my question. "Pull yourself together, Bass. Don't let a bloody fool ruin your fourth year."

She was right, I shouldn't be worrying about him right now. Danielle never really liked Cedric, but for the sake of my happiness, she supported our relationship.

I finally decided to let it slide and faced the front. The sorting was finished and Dumbledore was already standing in the middle to announce the event Hogwarts was hosting this year.

"The Triwizard Tournament."

The Triwizard Tournament, a competition of magic that was held between the three largest wizarding schools in Europe—Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Durmstrang Institute, and Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, each school to be represented by one chosen student. The three are tasked to participate in three tasks, traditionally made by the three headmasters.