Chapter one

Angelina's pov:

Woking up with my alarm. I yelp in pain while trying to get up. I get up from my bed (not bed just a cold mattress) with so much difficulty because of last night's beating. It's 4am. I always woke up this early to make food for sir and clean the house.

Hey guys.....I'm Angelina. I'm 16 years old. I live with my abusive father. Just two more years than I'm going to turn 18 and I can live by my own. He always drink and taking drugs. He always beat me. He is not like this before. But he change a while before mom died.

My mom died when I was only 10. I study in cambridge high school. I'm nerd at school with no friends. I have only one friend Vincent. He went to California two years ago.

I take a shower and changed into black pants with maroon t-shirt. I wear my black shoes. I padded slowly downstairs towards kitchen trying hard not to make any noise. Sir must be pass out in his room. I quickly clean the house and make food for sir.

I get my bag, phone and headphones. It's 7am. I still have one hour to go to school. I went to the nearest park. I sit there and eat toast that I stole from house. That's what my life. I didn't wish for this life. I went to school after I finished eating.

School went normal like everyday. Everyone make fun of me because mia throw juice on me. She is the queen bee of school. She and her minions always make fun of me. Her boyfriend Daniel always try to do things to me but everytime I get away from him. Nobody mess with me two years ago when Vincent is with me. He was ny best friend but after he leave my school life also change.

After school, I went to sun cafe where I work to pay my bills. It's owner is really nice. He let me work and ald9 help ne whenever I came bruised. My shift ends at 8pm.

I sighed loudly because I need to go back house and face sir again. I walk house feeling scared. I don't want to go back there. I saw there are so many people's out side house. I went there to see what happened. I saw two mens in police uniform. I saw a lady officer. I'm so scared but I can't run away. I went towards her and slowly tug her coat.

"Yes dear, who are you?" She asked softly bending down while putting hands on her knees to meet my eye level.

"I'm Angelina, what happened to my dad?" I asked her while feeling sad and disgust with dad word.

"Oh my dear, I'm so sorry. you need to hear this but someone killed your father" She said sadly looking at me with pain in her eyes reminding me of mum.

"Where I'm going to stay now?" I asked biting my lips looking at her hopefully.

"Well, you're spending night with us. we're going find out about your family if you have any rather than your fatherat morning" She said softly caressing my cheek making me feel warm inside like a motherly touch.

"Okay, thank you" I said looking down wuile playing with my sleeves.

"Can i have my clothes and things?" I asked looking down while biting my lips.

"Of course dear, let's go. I'll help you, by the way I'm Brittany Scott" She said softly Staraighing up.

I went inside with her. I packed my clothes. I don't have many clothes. I just have give 2 shirts and 4 sweatshirts with threr jeans. I pick my mom's photo frame. I went outside. I went towards her car with her. I saw one of the police officer is standing there while leaning against the car. I get scared and hide behind her.

"Don't be scared dear, he is my husband jax" She said softly holding my hand.

"Hiii, Angelina you are so cute" He said smiling making me sigh.