31

When I wake up, I notice it's dark. Looking out the window, I see the moon high in the sky. I have no idea why time is it but I clearly slept through the day. I feel around the bed, looking for my phone, but have no luck.

Using all my strength, I pull myself out of bed, checking the floor. I find it next to the bed, and check the time.

1:23am

I rub my eyes, still feeling tired. I go through my phone, seeing at least a hundred calls and messages from Taylor. There are a few from Damon and my family but no where near as many. I don't even bother reading any of them. What's the point?

Throwing myself back on the bed, I stare at the ceiling, wishing nothing more than to be able to fall asleep.

When an hour passes, I decide there's no point just laying here. My stomach is growling and I haven't drank anything all day. Forcing myself out of bed, I walk to the door, stopping and listening before opening it. Everyone is asleep, so I see no issue with going downstairs.

I tip toe down the stairs, keeping an eye out for anyone. I'm not sure where Damon is considering he was supposed to sleep with me. I look into the living room, spotting him laying on the couch The TV is on but the sounds of him snoring let me know he's asleep.

Walking into the kitchen, I immediately go to the fridge and get a bottle of water. As I drink it, I look through the cupboards for something to eat. Grabbing a box of crackers, I turn to leave but stop in my tracks when I see Damon standing in the doorway.

"Tate...please talk to me..." he asks, stepping closer to me.

I take a step back, trying to look anywhere but his face.

"I can't help you get through this if you don't let me," he says, trying to take my hand.

"You won't help me. You can't. You'll just leave."

"Why would I leave? I care about you Tate. I'm not going anywhere."

"You'll leave when you know the truth," I mumble.

"I'm not leaving because I know the truth. And there's no way I'm letting him ever touch you, or hurt you again," Damon tells me, pulling me towards him.

I look up at his, shocked that he knows. I'm even more shocked that he wants to stay. Damon takes the crackers from me, setting them on the counter and pulling me to his chest. Damon rubs my back, softly kissing my head. I wan to move, or say something but I can't. He knows and he wants to stay.

Eventually I find myself wrapping my arms around him, burying my face in his chest. Damons grip on me tighten as we stand there in the kitchen. Tears stream down my face, the feeling of relief filling me.

"You still want me..." I mumble into his chest.

"I will always want you," he whispers, pulling back and kissing my cheek.

Damon wipes away the tears with him thumb, giving me a small smile. I give him one back, and take his hand, pulling him towards the stairs. Damon follows me back up to my room, not saying anything as I pull him into bed, curling up under the covers.

Damon wraps his arms around me, holding me close. I close my eyes, hoping having him close will help me sleep. It doesn't take long before he falls asleep, and soon I feel myself starting to get tired.

I know tomorrow we have to have a conversation but for now I want to enjoy knowing he wants me. No matter what I've been through.

~ ~ ~

When I walk into the kitchen, I can feel all eyes on me. Quickly my family looks away, trying to pretend like yesterday never happened. Damon walks in behind me, his hand gripping mine tightly. Despite me being the one worried Damon would leave, Damon hasn't let me get more than five feet away from him. I know I have problems, but I think Damon does too.