19

I don't even have an excuse for not updating for like a month and a half. I just...things kept getting in the way and I didn't know what to write and I'm so sorry. Enjoy this decent chapter. 

I haven't seen Damon since the morning after the club and it's awful. The few texts sent between us the last few days only have me wanting to see him even more. The reminder that his family party tomorrow is the only thing keeping me from showing up at the hotel.

"Tate stop pouting over not seeing Damon. It's so gross," Tay says, taking a bite of her toast. I roll my eyes at her, flipping the channel.

Ben called me earlier this morning telling me he had to close for the day, and that I could have both today and Saturday off. I'd only asked for Saturday, but today was a bonus. Tay has to go into work but I figured I'd use the day to hang out with Izzy or maybe even Dean.

"I'm going to hop in the shower and head out. Text me if you want me to bring home food for you."

I nod as Tay heads to the shower, stopping at a rerun of 90 Day Fiancé. I shake my head as I watch these stupid people say they love someone only to get a visa. At some point during Mohammad and Danielle's first fight Tay says goodbye, locking the door on her way out.

I just stretch out on the couch, drowning myself in the amusing story of these dumb people. It's not till a few episodes later that I hear my phone ringing from my room. Dragging my lazy ass off the couch, I go and grab my phone.

The screen flashes a missed call from Damon and I quickly call him back. The phone rings and rings. When it finally goes to voicemail, I sigh. I missed him by two seconds. I guess he really is busy today. I make my way back to the couch, once again watching the pointless drama.

~ ~ ~

"How has it taken you so long to see he's just using you!?" I yell at Danielle.

I shake my head at the woman stupidness, getting up to grab some food. I enter the kitchen, opening the fridge and frowning at the emptiness of it. The thought of going grocery shopping crosses my mind but I really hate it and don't want to go alone. My shoulders shrug as I rummage through the cupboards until I find a box of cookies. I can always work them off at the gym.

Before I can make my way back to the couch, I hear a knock on the door. My mind rushes to figure out who's knocking. Tay is at work but even if she wasn't, she has a key. Damons at work and Izzy texted me saying she's been working like crazy too. I just shrug, opening the door.

"Hey," Deans greets, awkwardly waving at me. I laugh at the movement, greeting him back.

"So, I don't work today, and I was really bored at home and wanted to see if maybe you wanted to do something. I'm up for anything. I just want to spend time with you since we didn't really talk for a bit and I kinda missed you," he ramble and I just laugh again.

"Sure. Just let me get dressed," I tell him, opening the door so he can come in. Dean settles down on the couch as i head to my room to get dressed.

It looks pretty warm out so I decide to just go with some jeans and a tee shirt. I slip on my favourite black shirt, nodding at my appearance. I play with my hair, getting rid of the bedhead I never dealt with this morning. My appearance is decent so I head back out to Dean.

"Ready to go?"

Dean nods, turning off the TV for me as I grab my keys, wallet, and phone. I lead him out the door, his tall frame walking to the elevator as I lock the door. By the time I reach him the elevator is open and we are heading downstairs.

"What do you want to do? We could go to the mall, or grab lunch. We could go bowling."

I laugh at Deans last suggestion. It's almost as though we are high school kids going on a first date. Despite the childless of it, I decide to go with the bowling option. It seems like a fun way to spend my day off. Dean leads me to his car and we head off to the bowling alley.