28

When I start to recognize the scenery around us, that's when I get nervous. Just like Damon never had his family meet a boyfriend, I've never had one stay over and I know my family will take that as we are serious. Of course, we are serious but him staying with me at my parents makes it even more so.

Damon takes my hand and I know he's trying to get me to relax. Squeezing gently, the actin does help to ease some nerves. I wouldn't be bringing him if I didn't really like him. Damon thumbs rubs over the back of my hand and I looking at him and smile.

"You'll be okay, Tate. Parents love me."

"Wait, what? They do?" I question, confused.

Damon laughs, "I have no idea. I've never meet a guys parents but people like me for the most part so your parents will right?"

Shaking my head, I go back to looking out the window. I recognize my old school, the church my family would go to every Christmas and Easter, the park me and Tay first got high at. It all brings back such good memories.

Damon turns down my street and my stomach starts doing flips. I've never been this nervous to come home. I spot my mom black car in the driveway and point out my house to Damon. He turns into the driveway, turning off the car and turning toward me.

"You ready?" He asks and I nod.

Damon gets out and goes to get our bags from the trunk. I get out and look up at the large house, excitement finally setting in. The last month away has been hard and I need this. Especially with everything that happened with Dean.

Leading Damon to the door, I knock, I hear foots steps and the sound of barking. I look over at Damon, and it looks like he's about to faint. Taking his hand, I look back to the door when I hear the lock turning.

"Tate? Tate!" My mother exclaims, pulling me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her, missing the feel of them. When I feel paws scratching at my legs I pull away and look down I see a small black puppy.

"You got a dog!"

Picking up the ball of excitement, I laugh as it licks my face. My mom smiles as my dad comes to the door, putting an arm around her waist. After a few moments of puppy live my dad clears his throat.

"I hate to break up the puppy love fest but I think you're forgetting something," he says and my eyes widen. Looking next to me I see Damon standing there awkwardly. Setting down the unnamed puppy, I take his hand, biting my lip.

"Mom. Dad. This is Damon. My boyfriend."

Moms eyes widen and she immediately takes Damon in a hug. I can't help but laugh at Damon's face and the fact that my mom is at least two heads shorter than him. When mom pulls away, Dad shakes his hand, introducing himself.

"I'm Vincent. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, sir," Damon answers and I hold back my laugh at his word choice.

"Oh my! I didn't even introduce myself," Mom says, "I'm Connie."

Damon smiles and goes to  shake her hand but she pulls him into another hug. Despite the fact that it makes him slightly uncomfortable, he hugs her back. Moving to the side, Mom ushers us in and tells up to put our bags in my room.

I leave Damon to follow my mom into the kitchen as I take our bags and put them in my old room. When I come back downstairs Mom has a bunch of food all over the table, trying to feed Damon.

"Mom, we ate on the way," I sigh, sitting next to Damon at the counter.

"Honey, a man like him needs his food. Now, if you won't eat any of this is there something I can make? I have time before the girls get here," she insists, going to the fridge to see what else she has.