25

Hey guys! Long time no posts, right? The last year has been really rough but I'm hoping things are changing I'm going to try and out as often as possible so bare with me. So, here is a nice new chapter. Hope ya'll enjoy, leave a comment or vote. Thanks for being patient! 

To our luck, Dean wasn't working. Elaine was there and made sure we had everything we wanted. I could feel her happiness when she saw us entering. It was clear Damon didn't just avoid home, but also the restaurant. It makes me happy to know I make him want to be with his family.

After lunch we quickly go back to my apartment to pack my bag for the night. Once we finished with that, we started the drive to dinner. As we drove, Damon took my hand and rubbed the back of it. The action was calming and soon I started to feel myself doze off.

~ ~ ~

What felt like only minutes later, the car came to a stop. When my eyes adjusted to the light I looked out the window to see a large hotel. Light shines brightly from the lobby, the glass walls around the door showing every intricate detail of the lobby from the large chandelier to the double staircase. The elegance of it making it look like something out of a movie.

People make their way in, bellhops pushing carts filled with luggage. Cars are lined up in front of us, valets pulling away as couples lovingly enter. Its quite clear by the buzz that this is a popular area, and there are some big events happening. Looking over at Damon I grin.

"This is beautiful. Pleas tell me you own this, or else you need to step up your game," I joke, knowing its very likely he does own it.

The rolling of his eyes is all the answer I need. Finally a quite dashing man in a suit comes to the car, offering to park it around back. Damon gets out, and grabs our bags, and I follow behind him, glancing back and watching the valet drive off.

I take my bag from Damon and grab his now free hand as we walk in. We aren't two steps in the door when a man in a suit with a manager name plate walks up to us.

"Mr. Drake. How lovely it is to see you again. I assume you're here for the opening of the new restaurant?"

"Of Course Clayton. It is opening next to my hotel, and I was invited," he answers with a hint of annoyance in his voice. The man, Clayton, clearly picks up on it, nodding and calling over a bellhop.

"Take Mr. Drake's bags up to the Penthouse! Make sure no one disturbs him or his guest," Clayton demands, the bellhop, taking our bags and rushing to the elevator. Without another word Damon walks off, pulling me behind him.

"You were kinda rude to that guy," I mumble, following Damon to the elevator.

He doesn't respond and I find myself kinda annoyed. Don't people always say if a guy is rude to waiters and stuff he's not a good guy? I would think he would also want to be known as a good boss. I doubt he's thought of like that if that's how he always acts.

Before we get any further I stop, pulling my hand from Damons. I can see the look of confusion on his face as he takes in my look of disapproval.

"Why did you talk to him like that? He was being nice and you were a jerk."

"Tate, come on. Let's just go change for dinner," he says, avoiding my questions.

he tries to take my hand again but I pull away. It bothers me how he can go from all sweet and caring to rude like that. Especially to someone who works for him.

"Tell me," I order, and Damon sighs.

"I was rude because I get many employee complaints that he is a terrible manager but I can't fire him because he brought in my head chef and if he goes, my head chef goes. Happy?" he states, clearly not happy himself.