Chapter 7

Lisa wakes up in the morning with a headache the size of China. Her throat's drier than the Sahara desert, her head's spinning faster than the Tasmanian Devil on speed and she's about two seconds away seeing her stomach contents in the toilet bowl.

A hand finds her back, and she manages to summon the strength to twist her neck so her other cheek is pressing into the pillow, despite her muscles rejecting the movement.

"Hey," Miyeon smiles, continuing to rub circular motions on Lisa's back. "You're awake."

"Looks like it," Lisa groans, sliding her palms up the bed to push herself up. It fails, obviously, and she falls back to the mattress from about seven inches up, face palming the pillow hard. Ouch.

"I just came to tell you something, babe."

Lisa moves her hand to finds Miyeon's, and twines their fingers together. "You okay?"

Miyeon nods. "Yeah—Well, kind of."

"What's up?" Lisa asks, suddenly feeling a lot more awake. She takes a second to glance around the room, and realities she's back at home, in her bed. How the hell did she even get back here?

"Work called," Miyeon releases Lisa's hand and gets up from the bed, revealing that she's dresses in barely-there panties and a one size too small tank top. "I have to go in."

Lisa flips onto her back slowly. "When?"

"Now."

Her eyes follow Miyeon as her wife—shit, wife—stops at the dresser and changes out her clothes. Lisa feels something tingle in the base of her spine and clears her throat. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, apparently BEL 20 went down by like twenty percent. There are some strange figures in the market, and my boss wants me to have a look." Miyeon walks over to the window and twists the blind open to give the room some light.

Brown eyes squint against the intruding brightness. "You're a stockbroker. Don't they have like, millions of you that can do that job? It's the day after our wedding, Miyeon."

Miyeon flips her hair forward and ties it up into a high ponytail. "I'm a discretionary management stockbroker, actually, and there's only like four of us in the building. Everyone else has already left for the holidays, and I'm the only one in town."

There's something tugging in the back of Lisa's mind, and she furrows her brows. She reaches over to the side table, grabbing the bottle of water she keeps there, and then delves into the drawers in search of the Advil. Every damn move she makes, whether it be reaching to the side table or getting a kink out her neck, feels like a freaking sledgehammer to her temple. Stupid hangovers.

"And there's no way you can get out of it?"

Miyeon shakes her head, and then crawls onto the bed to press a quick kiss to Lisa's lips. She melts into the feeling, before Miyeon pulls away and she's left with her lower lip jutting out. "No, sorry babe."

"Okay," Lisa says, drawing out the word.

Her wife throws her a quick smile before disappearing out the bedroom door. Lisa frowns, and then bites on her bottom lip. She barely remembers anything that happened last night after her talk at the bar with her brother. She knows Chaeyoung left, along with Jisoo and she knows her brother could possibly be pissed at her, but apart from that, she can't remember a damn thing. Not even the—

"Oh, shit," Lisa finishes off her thoughts inside her mind. Her hands push against the mattress as she forces herself to her feet, trying to keep herself steady as her legs feel like Jell-O. She makes her way out the bedroom, down the hall and to the kitchen where Miyeon's leaning against the counter, typing away furiously on her iPhone. Again.