SEASON 2 : Chapter 7

A few nights later she's coming back from work and stops by Mr Kwon's to pick up dinner.

And guess who she runs into.

She's barely got her foot in the store when someone calls her name and she lifts her head to find Miyeon leaning against the counter, Chinese menu in hand and a smile on her face. Lisa almost rolls her eyes and steps back outside to look to the heavens and ask God why he has this vendetta on her, but instead forces a smile and joins her by the counter. The sooner she collects her order, the sooner she can get out of here.

"Fancy seeing you here," Miyeon draws, that twinkle in her eyes that was there the first night they met, and consequently, slept together.

Lisa bobs her head and peers over the counter to find one of the workers, but they're in the kitchen apparently. Fuck.

"Well this is my local Chinese," she says in reply, still looking for someone to give her her order. Can't they just hurry up or something?

"Good to see something things don't change," comes from beside her softly and she turns to look at her ex-wife, trying to figure out what that meant. But truthfully she doesn't care so she lets her eyes drift away again, showing just that. Luckily a little Chinese woman comes out just at that moment, and Lisa tells her the order she rang up about ten minutes ago and the woman disappears quickly, returning with a bag full of food and a smile on her face as Lisa hands her a twenty five thousand won bill, telling her to keep the change.

Lisa turns to walk out when she sees Miyeon right in front of her, staring at her. She gulps. "I've gotta get going now. Home," she says, bobbing her head. "To my wife." She makes a point to say Chaeyoung's her wife but Miyeon  stop staring. "Because Chaeng's coming home from a doctor's appointment as she's pregnant, and she's got one hell of an appetite now."

Miyeon seems completely oblivious to the hints Lisa's dropping in and tilts her head, smiling. She reaches forward just as Lisa twists, and rubs her arm gently. "Bye. I'll see you around," she squeezes Lisa's arm and flutters her lashes, something that always used to make Lisa weak at the knees but now makes her want to hurl.

Lisa forces a smile and walks out the store.

***

She barely manages to set the Chinese down on the coffee table before there's a knock at the door. Her back instantly straightens and she whips her head around, wondering who's at the door. But then she relaxes, eyebrows and shoulders lowering as she figures Chaeyoung must have forgotten her keys again. This pregnancy is making her do that quite a lot, actually, probably since she's focused on other things.

Except when she opens the door, she doesn't find Chaeyoung there.

"Miyeon?"

Miyeon stares up at her, hands nervously wringing in front of her. "Hey."

Lisa's eyes flicker down the street. "Did you follow me home?" She asks, knowing it's the only way Miyeon would know where she lived.

"Yes, but I had to," Miyeon says, stepping over the threshold of the house and forcing Lisa to take a step back. "I need to tell you something."

The sentences "Chaeyoung will be home soon" and "I don't want you here" balance on the end of Lisa's tongue but Miyeon speaks before they can even come out.

"I made a mistake with Taeyong," she announces, eyes glistening with honesty as her hands reach for Lisa. "I should have never cheated on you."

Lisa shakes her head, eyes narrowing as she moves away from the touch. Why is Miyeon telling her this? She doesn't give a damn. "Miyeon..."