SEASON 2 : Chapter 8

The moment the nurse says "accident," Lisa's mind goes blank.

She's sitting in a meeting, and she probably shouldn't have picked up in the first place but for some reason she felt like she had to pick up the call and now she's frozen, her free hand gripping so tightly onto the desk that her bones might pop from her skin. Several pairs of eyes are on her, the owners of those being incredibly important to Jennie and Lisa's careers, but she can't bring herself to care. Memories of her childhood flash through her mind and the breath is ripped straight from her chest.

This can't be happening. Not again.

"Mrs Park-Manoban? Are you still there?"

Lisa manages to break out of her stilled state and jerks to her feet, shoving her chair so far back it hits the glass window three meters behind her. "Which hospital?" She hisses, fingers tightening around her phone. "Which fucking hospital!?" She demands, louder this time and earning several eyebrow raises and shocked expressions.

"St. Luke's ER down on 10th Avenue," the nurse hurries, voice quivering.

And Lisa doesn't say anything to the nurse or the several people watching her as she bolts out the conference room.

***

Lisa bursts through the hospital doors, head whipping from side to side, breaths coming out heavy and harsh and eyes frantically searching for the reception. When she finds it she barges past some guy that may or may not be a doctor, not even bothering to respond to his "slow down!" and slaps her palms down on top of the desk top to grab the nurses attention.

"Chaeyoung Park-Manoban," she says, trying to calm herself. Being hysterical in a hospital would probably wind up with her being put under a twenty-four hour psychiatric watch.

Except the nurse is on the phone, chatting away, laughing and holding up a hand to Lisa who's glaring intently and in the mindset she's in, she really doesn't have the time or patience to wait for this dumb bitch to end her call. She's sure nurses are supposed to be like, working to save people's lives or some shit, and it gets her so fucking angry that she leans over, grabs the phone from the nurses ear and slams it back onto the holder, fury pulsating through her when the hospital worker has the audacity to lift an eyebrow in her direction and yell, "Excuse me!?"

"Chaeyoung Park-Manoban," Lisa repeats through a hiss, ignoring the nurses question. "Where is she? What room?"

The nurse straightens up and stands, leaning toward Lisa as if she's intimidating. "And you are?"

"About two seconds away from losing it so tell me where she is."

"Are you family?"

"She's my pregnant wife," Lisa spits, knowing this is standard procedure but hating it. "So where. The hell. Is she?"

The nurse eyes her for a few seconds, probably deliberating whether to call security or not but then she sits back down slowly, and begins clicking away on the computer. Perfectly manicured fingernails tap along the desktop impatiently and all she wants to do is say fuck the room and run around the hospital until she finds Chaeyoung. The logical part of her mind is holding her back though, telling her she'll find her wife quicker if she knows exactly where she is in the hospital and forces her to wait.

"She's in C117."

Lisa blinks at her. "Where's that?"

The nurse rolls her eyes and Lisa almost leans back over to give the nurse a piece of her mind. Almost. "C Wing. First floor. Room 17," she explains, lowering her head to the computer again, eyes sliding away from Lisa. "But I'm afraid you can't go up there as she already has a visitor-"