Chapter 31

Somehow, Lisa manages to get away from Chaerin and her bug spray.

It's still amusing after all these years that momma Park is still so damn insistent about mosquito bites. Because come April next year, it'll be 17 years since the first time she went camping with the Parks and discovered the slightly insane obsession with freaking bug spray. But whatever, she loves the Parks and no strange fascination with mosquito repellent will affect that love.

Standing by one of the tall oak trees around 40 yards away from the Parks, she dishes out her phone and quickly find the number she wants. It rings three times before anyone picks up, and it only takes that long for her to pick the bark off the tree out of nerves. She's never been good at keeping herself steady with big relationship things; in fact, she used to have a commitment phobia.

But she knows this is what she wants this time. She's one hundred percent sure that Chaeyoung is what and who she wants for the rest of her life.

And only one person can help her.

"Hello?"

Lisa straightens up and clears her throat, dropping her hand to her side as she turns her back to the Park's. "Hey, Jen."

"Hey. What's up?"

"I need you to meet me outside of the Museum on Namsan Park West a.s.a.p."

A beat of silence comes down the phone. "Okay..." the blonde drawls out. "What do you need?"

"I'm gonna–" Lisa glances around nervously; her collar suddenly getting hot with the fear Chaeyoung can hear her. When she's sure she can't, seeing as Chaeyoung's running to catch the flying Frisbee, Lisa turns her back on them once more and continues, "I need to buy something."

"And what's that?"

"I just need to get something," she replies, reaching up to scratch at the bark of the wood again as her shoe scuffs along the dirt beneath her. "For Chaeng."

"I'm not meeting you if I don't know what you're buying," Jennie says, seriously. "I'm not getting arrested."

Lisa narrows her eyes in disbelief, processing her friend's words. "I'm not buying fucking drugs, Rubyjane. I just need you to do me a damn favour and meet me, okay?"

In all honesty, she did have a fleeting wish that Jennie wouldn't ask any questions and just do it. But by now she should know that wouldn't have happened. There's no way in hell Jennie would trek over to Namsan Park with no reason as to why she's doing it. The girl lives near Eunpyeong-gu. It's a pretty long way for her so Lisa understands.

"Fine," Jennie answers after a long moment. "But I swear to God to make this worth it you better by buying a goddamn ring."

She doesn't even mean to, but Lisa chokes at the statement and begins spluttering a few words that would probably sound like what the fuck if she hadn't been so caught off guard.

"What? A ring? Who said anything about a ring? I'm not buying a ring," she quickly denies, heat rushing to her face.

But judging by the silence that follows, she knows all has been revealed.

"Holy shit! You are buying a ring!" Jennie exclaims and Lisa snaps her head around, scared Chaeyoung can hear their conversation.

"Shut it, Rubyjane. Fuck."

"Damn, Lisa. And you're actually going to do it?"

Lisa's head jerks back and she scowls. "What do you mean, 'actually going to do it'?"