22. Soulful Easter

In the facility of Sphere Music Hall, Undertaker places the newly gathered flasks of blood on the proper shelf, a satisfied smile on his lips. More blood of Sirius, perfect for his prized creation. Sensing the presence behind him in the center of the room, the reaper's smile widens.

"I was wondering when you would come find me," Undertaker says softly, turning to face the newcomer.

A gloved hand gently runs across the back of one of the reclined chairs in the blood transfusion facility. Long dark hair frames a pale face, icy blue eyes curious and lips curving into a smirk.

"I had to wait for the right time," Thorne replies, continuing his look around the room. "It's been a while, Undertaker." The soul keeper smiles, turning to the reaper, "Are we not friends? Show your eyes to me."

Undertaker chuckles softly at that but complies with the wish, brushing his hair away from his luminous green eyes. "Indeed it has been a while. Four years since I saw you but how long since you saw me face to face?"

"So you did see me leaving," Throne muses. "And I know you found the body of my poor creation as I meant you to. I'd say many years at least. Not since you retired from the Grim Reaper Dispatch, hmm?"

The reaper thinks for a few seconds then nods. "Yes, possibly. Come along, he's resting."

Thorne's eyes light up slightly at that and he follows the reaper out of the room and down the hall towards the rooms of those with the names of the stars.

"I trust you have his soul?" Undertaker says as they go.

"Of course," Thorne replies with a smile. "I left a replica for my darling demon to take as sacrifice for his contract. He doesn't know, of course, I had just enough time to plant the replica and hide in the shadows. It should have tasted just the same."

A laugh passes Undertaker's lips at that, "Naughty, naughty you."

"Are you forgetting who created the fifth roman emperor, Emperor Nero, all those millennia ago?" Thorne replies.

The reaper grinned widely at that. "Of course not. You do well in hiding your madness but I know who you really are."

"And who is that?"

"Someone who shares my views and doesn't particularly care about the risks."

Thorne grins widely, a slightly crazy look in his eyes. "For the most part. However, I will not tolerate harm to my current master, I've grown quite fond of him. And the first stringers of the Noah's Ark Circus, they're entertaining."

"And you don't like an early end to your entertainment," Undertaker finishes, opening the door to Lord Sirius' room.

A nod is given from the soul keeper before he silently sweeps towards the bed against the back wall of the room. Undertaker follows after him, watching as the doll's eyes open blearily. A small hum of curiosity passes the dolls lips as he pushes himself upright into a sitting position.

"Oh he's gorgeous," Thorne whispers, cupping the doll's cheek. "Much better than the other dolls that I know about."

"He's my masterpiece," Undertaker replies. He sits on the edge of the bed, gently tugging the blankets away from covering the doll's legs. "Not a stitch to be seen."

The soul keeper brushes back the doll's hair, exposing his smooth forehead. The boy reaches out to the soul keeper's chest, a spark of curiosity in his eyes though his expression otherwise remains blank.

Thorne's smile widens at that. "You can sense it, can't you. That your soul is near."

"You carry him with you?" Undertaker asks. "I had assumed as much but I'd no idea how. I know soul keepers can carry incomplete souls not yet perfected or finished but the carrying of a deceased soul..."