26. The Revealing

"Now this is enjoyable, isn't it?"

Undertaker chuckles, "Indeed, it is. Your father attended this place, he was a prefect."

"Yes, I think I remember that... Oh, there he goes... My, what a throw..."

"To perfectly calculate the trajectory needed to strike the wicket like that is quite the feat," Undertaker agrees, watching Greenhill gape in shock at the wicket behind him. "Now, if this all goes according to plan one hundred thirty-seven thousand two hundred and eighty, then we will indeed be in for a treat."

A frown crosses the lips of Ciel Phantomhive. "Plan what?"

The reaper grins, "You can never be too careful, now can you? Who knows what sort of ears are around to listen."

"Ah..." the boy glances around but he's not able to see much, hidden so close to the headmaster of Weston College. "That's his keeper number then, isn't it?"

"It is indeed... How are you feeling?"

The doll shrugs. "Not bad but it's only been three minutes."

"Mhmm... We still have a long way to go until you can stay with us, don't we?"

"Yes..." the boy hesitates then looks up at the reaper. "Thank you for doing this, Headmaster. I'm not ready to leave this life."

"It wasn't your time," Undertaker replies, placing a hand on the boy's cheek. "Children should never be reaped so young. Besides, such a beautiful creation should get to create chaos in the world."

"I don't want chaos," the doll says serenely, looking over the cricket game. "I want happiness for my brother, no matter how short his life will be. Though, tell me Headmaster, if a butler is... fired by the High Council, what happens to any current contracts?"

Understanding the boy's real meaning, Undertaker frowns. "Well, I believe any contract holders are also fired since the contract will technically have reached its end, regardless of the conditions agreed upon. So if the Earl's butler is fired as you say, the Earl will surely follow. What brought this around?"

A long sigh passes the boy's lips. "Remember when the two butlers switched places for the day? When they met up in London, my brother and the bird planned an ambush to see the two immortals in action. My carrier was almost overtaken with madness, Headmaster. I felt it escape hidden confines in his mind. The Earl's butler noticed and he mentioned what this High Council would do. I imagine if one is destroyed, the other would voluntarily follow after."

"Yes, I wouldn't put it past the other to follow his blackened yet burning heart," Undertaker muses. He hums in thought, tapping his chin. "But madness in the puppet-maker... He's grown weak. His mentality is suffering... I never expected this... We'll need to keep an eye on that..."

The doll nods then gasps sharply in pain and doubles over. With a disappointed sigh, Undertaker places a hand on the boy's shoulder and covers his mouth with the other hand. The boy's soul soon passes open, grimacing lips. A quiet gasp of relief escapes the boy's soul and the doll stills and returns to a neutral position, looking around blankly.

"Ten minutes," Undertaker muses, carefully concealing the soul from any eyes that may be looking his way. "Much better than I expected."

"Not a fun ending however," the soul murmurs. "It felt like dying all over again."

Undertaker frowns. "Now that's not unexpected... Let's get you back to our friend, hmm?"

"Are we going back again?"

Raven nods, pulling his tailcoat on and grabbing his serpent-head sword cane. "Yes. There's something going on there, something enchanting the people."