13. Up in Flames

Certain lines and events are from Black Butler: Book of Circus

"Shush, brother," Noble whispers. "We mustn't give ourselves away before it's time."

"But brother," Alpha whispers back, "this will be exciting, how can I contain the feeling?"

"You simply must. Look, here comes brother Ramsey."

The two mischievous Thornheart servants peer down from the rafters, where the black-haired man walks down the hall below them.

"Claire?" Ramsey calls, looking into the guest room where the blonde is. "What else will we need?"

"Not much else," she replies. "Though perhaps some personal comfort will help them settle in when they arrive... Do we know what they like?"

"No, but we can easily ask Master or our new brothers and sisters who represent them."

"Yes, we mustn't interrupt Master," Claire says.

The two walk down the hall, Noble and Alpha silently following them above.

"Now?" Alpha asks.

Noble nods. "Now."

With identical grins, the twins aim and then tip the buckets they'd been carrying, sending the cold water crashing down on the other two servants. Ramsey lets out a surprised yelp while a glare comes over Claire's face.

"NOBLE! ALPHA!" she roars, looking up where the twins are laughing together.

Seeing the maid's glare, the two race off through the rafters, still laughing. Claire growls, but restrains herself from going after them.

"Come on Ramsey," she grumbles. "We still need to prepare two more rooms."

Beast and Dagger run through Phantomhive manor. Their puppets follow them silently.

"I truly hope I can avoid being riddled with bullets," the puppet Dagger mumbles.

"Ask Master to remove your pain receptors," the puppet Beast replies.

"Master needs as much power as we can spare."

Following their counterparts through the halls to the kitchen, the two puppets manage to grab Dagger, the puppet replica taking his place with the real Beast.

"Don't scream," the puppet Beast says quietly, quickly pulling Dagger back towards a window. "We're here to help."

"We?!" Dagger says struggling, his eyes wide.

"Yes."

She opens a window, looking out. Two figures come running from the edge of the trees, using their bracelet whips(?) to reach the height of the window. Dagger's eyes widen, seeing the bullet holes in both of their heads.

"Where's Beast?" the puppet Peter asks.

"With our Dagger," puppet Beast replies. "Take him to the others, then go wait by the kitchen. It seems the fate Master predicted will happen."

Puppet Wendy nods. "Come on, Dagger. The others are anxious."

"But—"

"Go with them willingly, or I make you go," the puppet Beast says.

Hesitantly, Dagger goes with the two, looking back to the puppet of Beast. "Please, make sure mi'lady survives."

"Of course."

She watches the three retreat, sighing softly before turning and heading deeper into the manor.