CHAPTER TWENTY.

CHAPTER TWENTY.
TILL DEATH DO US PART.

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK.
A FEW HOURS BEFORE REGULUS LEFT.

"THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME HAPPY, EVEN IF IT WAS JUST FOR A WHILE," Regulus whispered softly to Caroline, as he caressed her face with his thumbs. The blonde looked back at him, with worry in her eyes. Regulus never said things like that before, and it was making her anxious for some odd reason. "Please don't say things like that. You're scaring me." Snuggling into the boy's chest, Caroline let out a deep sigh, making Regulus wrap his arms around the Hufflepuff more. They just got back from Regulus's hideout, and were now on Caroline's bed since the young girl insisted him to stay. Black agreed, as long as they would keep it down in case the other badgers might be woken up. Caroline on the other hand smirked at his condition and told him that she'd use a silencing charm. Hence, them being together on the same bed in that very moment. Their arms and legs tangled onto each other under the sheets. The moonlight from the window tickling both of their faces.

"Reggie?" She asked softly looking up into his eyes. The Slytherin hummed in response, his fingers combing her golden hair gently. "I know this isn't the right time, but I wanted to tell you about my mother." At the mention of the older Wright, Regulus's heart started pound in his chest in fear, remembering about that one meeting where he witnessed the mother of his lover, who was apparently one of the Dark Lord's followers. But of course, he didn't tell her about that and about how he knew about it.

"I know. You told me about your past, right?" He responded, as he looked away. He heard another sigh escape Caroline's mouth. He probably shouldn't have said that. "I'm sorry, love. I shouldn't have brought it up."

"No, it's alright. It's just that, I don't think I told you the whole story anyway. The truth is, the reason why my mother drove herself to do such a horrible thing to father, is because she's one of them. She's one of the dark lord's." Caroline paused, and took another deep breath as she unlocked old memories of her past again. "I don't know why I'm telling you this, but maybe it's best that you know since you are my boyfriend. And I think you deserve to know."

Regulus looked back into the blue eyes of the girl he loved, and with a soft smile, he pulled her closer onto his chest. Concealing the fear that was evident in his face. 'Trust me, Caroline. I know.' He thought in his head. Silence started to surround the pair, and eventually, they both fell asleep in each other's embrace.

All she remembered was it was dark and cold. The waters were murky, and all she had was her wand for her source of light. As she entered the place, thoughts continued to run tirelessly inside her head. Asking, why was she doing this again, and how did she get herself tangled into a situation like this. It was unbelievable to her how she was willing to take on extreme heights for this boy, even if she could've just let him be. But Caroline then realized that maybe she didn't want to lose another loved one again, because she was so exhausted of the fact that those who are closest to her always tend to drift away, and leave her. Maybe this time, it was her turn to lay her life down for the ones she cared for the most. She heard a familiar voice from a distance, and immediately started to sprint to the sound. She didn't care if she hit any jagged rocks of any sort or stone, she just needed to get to where the voice was.

She saw hands, helplessly and desperately grappling onto the one person her heart cherished the most. And it crushed her internally to see the sight of him being dragged down to the depths of the water. Without any thought or word she somehow threw herself into the mess and wrapped her arms around the frail figure of the boy, him realising that it was the girl he always longed for, the girl that was contented with the person he was, the girl who beat him at quidditch, here, at this very moment, with him. Drowning with him and his sacrifice, slowly waiting for death to take them both as they disappeared from face of the earth, never to be seen again.