CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.
GONE.

AMARA FELT LIKE HER SOUL LEFT HER BODY

AMARA FELT LIKE HER SOUL LEFT HER BODY. She felt numb. She just didn't know what to do, knowing that her best friend by now is long gone. And not only did she have to carry the burden of her loss, but the secret she had to keep from the others, which added more to the weight of pain she was carrying in her heart. "Amara, where's Caroline?" She was recently standing in a room with Sirius, Agatha and her twin brother Jack. They were all frantic about the blonde Hufflepuff's whereabouts, but the brunette kept quiet, letting the silence and the grief inside of her slowly gobbling her up. With dull eyes and the remaining strength she had, Amara looked into the eyes of Sirius, and simply shook her head. "I-I don't...know," She responded, making Sirius slam his fists onto the table once more.

"For Merlin's sakes, Amara! Why do you keep saying that?!" The older black shouted, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "You know how important she is to me, to all of us!" Amara went right in front of his face with a mad expression and replied to the Gryffindor.

"Don't you think I know that?! For crying out loud, Sirius! I'm her best friend! I was there for her long before you were, and so damn right I know how bloody important she is to you and to me and to everyone else in this room!" She huffed, taking quick breaths while she cried. "You have no idea, how I feel right now! The weight that I have to carry in my chest, the feeling of grief wanting to swallow me whole! So don't try to lecture me on how you feel, because you best believe I feel way much than you do right now!" Meanwhile, Agatha was in the corner biting her nails, trying not to breakdown as she listened to the conversation. Both Jack and Sirius were taken aback once more by the rather harsh words of the brunette. As they watched her try to compose herself.

"What about Regulus, huh? Don't you want to know where he is right now? Or have you forgotten about your brother?" Amara scoffed. "It's hilarious how you worry too much for others that you forget to worry about your own blood. Don't you know that they're both missing? It's not only Caroline, if you haven't noticed." And with that, the girl went outside, letting all of her tears flow out, as if she had the courage to stop herself from crying anyway. Reaching out to the pocket of her robe, she clutched the letter given by her late best friend onto her chest and continued to sob from there.

"I'm sorry...I-I'm sorry, Caroline. But I just couldn't b-bring myself, to give this to him. I c-can't...not now, at least. Please forgive me." In the midst of her crying, Amara wasn't able to notice her brother who was already outside with her. And he heard everything.

"I knew there was something up with you." His voice making Amara straighten her posture quickly, hiding the letter back into her pocket. "I'm your twin Amara. You know I can feel you through instincts as well." Yeah besides being a complete eavesdropper. Amara managed to say in her thoughts. He neared her and the shorter girl looked away. "Tell me what happened, Mara. I promise to not tell them if that's what you'd like. If that's what she'd like." Looking up to her brother's eyes, she couldn't help but embrace him instead, continuously letting herself break before his chest. "Amara, please. Tell me what happened. T-Tell me what happened to her, please." Jack's voice cracked as he waited for his sister's reply. With a few sniffs and muffled sobs, he heard her say these words.

"She's gone, Jack. She's gone." His arms immediately wrapped around the smaller frame of his twin as he eventually was in the same state as her, his eyes swollen and red. He swore to protect her with his life, and yet, he was unable to do it. You're a failure, Jack Jones. A failure. He thought harshly of himself, and would probably have that mindset for the rest of his life.