CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

DANCING WITH TIME.

"SCREW IT, SCREW POTTER AND HIS BLOODY TEAM!" EYES SWOLLEN AND PINK, Caroline continued to throw a tantrum and cry into her pillow

"SCREW IT, SCREW POTTER AND HIS BLOODY TEAM!" EYES SWOLLEN AND PINK, Caroline continued to throw a tantrum and cry into her pillow. Yes, the Hufflepuff Seeker was definitely crying. Why? Well, let's just say, Hufflepuff didn't win the house cup—again. She didn't understand, and she just couldn't accept it. It will take another few months for her to forgive James Potter and his Gryffindor team for this. No, actually it might take her years, even. But despite her anger towards them, she also felt anger towards herself. Caroline practically beat herself up everyday with practice, despite the schoolwork. She made time for it, practically studied the sport all over again because if you're thinking that she is desperate for the win, then yes, she bloody is desperate for the win. And was obviously very competitive. "Caroline please cheer up. Actually, no I shouldn't say that, shouldn't I?" Amara said and tried comforting her, sitting down on her bed.

"Amara, are you stupid?! How am I supposed to cheer up when I let James Potter take that bloody snitch away from me! Bloody hell, come to think of it, I'm the one who's stupid!" The blonde girl with swollen eyes exclaimed, and buried her face into the pillow to sob again. Amara just sighed, not knowing what to do anymore. She decided to give Caroline a hug, and sang the lullaby she would always sing to her whenever the blonde felt uneasy. Soon enough, the room became more quiet, and the breathing of Caroline started to go back to normal.

"There, there. It's alright. Or it's going to be alright, at least—argh, I don't know." Amara said, while Caroline put her head on the brunette's shoulder. The Jones girl didn't know so much about Quidditch, but she knew how important it was to her best friend. And whatever was important to Caroline was important to her.

Sniffing and trying to calm down, Caroline let out a throaty laugh, and looked up to the other girl. "Thanks Amara. It's cliché, but what would I ever do without you?"

Scoffing, Amara replied with, "Actually, I think you'll be just fine without me." Caroline shook her head at once.

"No. I'd be a total wreck without you! I'd rather be the one who'd be gone actually." When the Hufflepuff seeker said that, Amara immediately had a serious but worried look on her face. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Please don't say that. Don't you ever say that again."

"A-Alright. Jeez. It was only a joke."

"Well it's not funny, Caroline. Promise me you won't ever say that again?" A stern and serious look was painted over the brown haired girl's face. Only to prove that she loved the blonde very dearly, and wouldn't know what to do if Caroline would be gone. Caroline deserved better. And she deserved all the good things in life, and Amara made sure that she would get what she wanted and needed.

"Hey, don't worry. I won't go away. And I promise I won't make such an insensitive joke if that's what you want." Holding Amara's face with both her hands, Caroline looked at her friend who she has called her sister with an assuring look on her face. "C'mere you." And with both of her arms, she embraced the brunette who was practically there for her all the time. Through the ups and downs, and through thick and thin. It was only right to hold her like a precious jewel in her arms at this very moment. And as if she would slip away.

Because after all, tomorrow isn't promised, isn't it?

"Darling, are you still not over the game?" Regulus asked, with the sweetest voice he could make. The couple were strolling around school grounds, one of the things they do in their free time. Caroline, with dull eyes, sighed deeply and shoved her hands into her pockets, not responding. The raven haired boy on the other hand gave her a soft smile and placed both of his hands onto her shoulders as they both stopped in a corner. "It's alright if you don't well, feel alright."

Regulus had to admit that he wasn't good with words, especially if it involved comfort, but for her, he had to try. "Look, Amara told me that you cried the other night, which proves that you were deeply affected by your loss and I," Cutting himself off, he looked into the girl's blue eyes which were once bright. Sighing, he pitied his lover. Because he too, knows how much the sport meant to her. "I don't have the right words at the moment, but, I can try cheering you up. Why don't we have a little fun?"

Looking up at him in confusion, Regulus chuckled. "No it's not the general type of fun—and no, it's not that, type of fun if you know what I mean." Clearing his throat, he heard her melodious giggle that he longed for the whole day. The girl nodded at what he said and finally spoke up.

"Alright, Reg. What do you have in mind?"

That night, they escaped pass curfew and went to Hogsmeade through a secret tunnel only Regulus knew. Walking through the streets, Caroline felt a little chilly and nervous. The place looked eerie in the middle of the night, but the young boy assured her to trust him by holding her hand. "Hey, it's alright. Just trust me." She had no idea where they were going, but being the adventurous girl she was, she just took the risk. Eventually, they entered this abandoned looking building, which was obviously dark from the inside and out. Nevertheless they entered while Regulus used his wand and whispered Lumos in order to provide some sort of light. Caroline saw chandeliers that were not lit up yet, and with her wand, she gave light to the shiny objects. Which altogether gave yellow light to the whole room, which was actually a whole theatre.

The blonde was breathless. It was a beautiful place despite it having a medieval theme, with a few cobwebs here and there. Regulus smiled softly at the sight of the girl. "Do you like it? This has been one of my secret hideouts as a boy." Caroline could only nod and smile back. What made the place even more beautiful is when she suddenly heard the soft music coming from out of nowhere. Most probably it was the Slytherin's doing. Regulus smirked and put both of his arms around the girl's waist, gently swaying the both of them to the music. Running his fingers gently through her hair as they danced slowly, he felt Caroline sigh deeply, as if she released such a heavy weight off of her chest. "Still bothered about the game, love?"

"N-Not so much." She shortly replied.

"What's on your mind?"

The girl simply shook her head. "If I tell you about it, you might just laugh."

"Never." Burying his head into her shoulder, he waited for her to talk. Caroline pulled away slightly, looking into his eyes, she took another deep breath and replied.

"It's just that...why do I feel like...I'm going to lose you?"

Silence filled the room for a while, and a certain chill went up Regulus' spine. The boy pulled the girl into a warm embrace and just held her.

"Don't worry. You won't lose me."