CHAPTER TEN.

CHAPTER TEN !

A CHRISTMAS KISS.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T DO IT?" AND HERE SAT REGULUS BLACK, in front of his Slytherin Qudditch team, who was very disappointed in him

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T DO IT?" AND HERE SAT REGULUS BLACK, in front of his Slytherin Qudditch team, who was very disappointed in him. Although he could care less. Besides he had no time for their stupidity anymore. "Are you bloody out of your mind? Do you know what this means, Black?" Their team captain gritted his teeth angrily, while the seeker raised his eyebrow at him.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I do know what this means. It means that we need to step up our game. Train harder, if I might say, Captain. So I suggest you quit whining about taking advantages of other teams' seekers and keep your head in the process." He said confidently, looking at him straight in the eyes. The captain scoffed and leaned forward.

"Sometimes I wonder if you really are a Slytherin." Regulus smirked at his insult and replied.

"And sometimes I wonder if you really actually play quidditch," he smiled sarcastically, and continued. "Sometimes I can't help but wonder if you truly deserve the title of captain as well." With his remarks, he saw the leader of team clench his jaw, eyeing him down in pure bitterness, but he looked at him and the rest of the team calmly, almost as if he was nonchalant about the situation. Which he actually was.

"Now, if you would excuse me, gentlemen. I have to go. You see, there's this seeker who has been on my mind lately. And I genuinely, and truly, want to be with her at the moment." He gave them a small smile, leaving them all stunned and speechless. But before he actually left, he faced him once more. "Oh and by the way, I am keeping the position of being seeker. Besides do you see anybody else who can play as good as me in our house?"

And with that, he finally left, making his way out the great halls.

Snow descended carefully from the heavens, covering the castle in white. A cold breeze was felt by the blonde's skin as she closed her eyes and took in the chilly but satisfying feeling. "Enjoying the cold, I see." A familiar voice indeed she heard, and as she turned around, she was met by the person she longed to see all day. And that very thought of hers made her heart flutter once more. "Don't worry, I enjoy other things than the snow." She winked playfully at him, as he smiled, handing his arm out to her reach. She laced her arm in his, as they walked slowly down the grounds of the school.

"Oh? What might these other things be?" Regulus decided to play along. Giggling, the young girl replied.

"Um, other things like being with this certain Slytherin seeker I extremely adore." She smirked, earning a raise of eyebrows from the seeker himself.

"Who is this dashing Slytherin seeker? Tell me, does he treat you well?" He chuckled, joking around with her, teasing each other back and forth, as they continued to walk arm in arm.

"He better treat me well, or I might just slip him another potion—"

"—Alright, alright! Enough with the jokes." Regulus cut the girl of with a chuckle, while Caroline huffed in response. "I better not be intaking another potion from you that's for sure."

"You're no fun." She pouted, making him laugh again. "But seriously though, how did you know about the potion I put in your drink? You must be smarter than I thought you were!"

"Excuse you, I am intelligent! And very observant, too. As a matter of fact I saw the vial in the picnic basket you brought along with you. And I concluded that maybe it's a love potion because she was enamoured by me." He joked around again, almost sounding like the older Black. Caroline rolled her eyes at his humour, and shook her head.

"Did you know that badgers are immune to snake bites?"

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I'm immune to your bullshit." All of a sudden Regulus was stunned by her straightforwardness, his lips slightly parted at the words that came out of her mouth.

He scoffed, "...sometimes I really think that you belong in my house." He earned a forced smile from her, which he mirrored back with a genuine smile on his face. "Alright, let's take a break from all the teasing and jokes." He said, bringing them both in front of an opened window, as they watched the snowflakes fall carefully from the sky.

"Why? It's fun. Besides, we won't be able to see each other for quite sometime, since it's going to be our Christmas break soon. And I'll miss pulling your leg and annoying the hell out of you."

"Don't worry. You can write down paragraphs of jokes onto your letters, and I'll make sure I write you back with a hundred more." He assured her, holding her gloved hand. Intwining their fingers together. Caroline leaned her head on his shoulder, sighing. "C'mon Caroline. It's Christmas. You should be happy, spending time with your family and all?"

She looked up at him. "What about you? Will you be alright?" He smiled at her concern, taking her face delicately with both his gloved hands, stroking her cheek lightly.

"As long as I'm sure that you'll be alright, then that's all that matters." He smiled once more, looking into her blue eyes, noticing that there was a glint of worry in them. Christmas wasn't so bad at his place. Although it wasn't as jolly as other families would celebrate their holidays. But it's all he had, and with that he had to be content with it.

"And speaking of Christmas, I haven't gotten my Christmas kiss yet. So pucker up, Hufflepuff."

"Who, me? Yes, I am definitely the Hufflepuff you're looking for. The bloody Hufflepuff who's an expert in making people smile, how may I help you?" Sarcasm lacing into her words as usual, making Regulus grin like an idiot.

"Please, enlighten me, Miss Wright." He replied with a hint of sarcasm as well.

"Well, where is the mistletoe? You said it was a Christmas kiss!"

"I don't need some plant telling me whether to kiss you or not!"

"No mistletoe, no kiss!" She fought back, making Regulus groan in annoyance, kissing her square in the face. And caught her by surprise. "That's not fair!" He laughed once more at her adorable, flustered and angry face. He knew she liked it when he shut her up with his lips, even if she didn't admit it.

"Happy Christmas, Caroline Wright."

"Happy Christmas to you too, Regulus Black."