CHAPTER SIX.

CHAPTER SIX !

THE 'FRIENDLY' DATE.

THE SECOND WEEK HAS PASSED BY quickly just like the wind

THE SECOND WEEK HAS PASSED BY quickly just like the wind. And nothing but focusing on the project was all the Slytherin and the Hufflepuff did for the pass few days. Ever since that night where Caroline practically bawled her eyes out into the older Black's arms, the blonde has been awfully quiet lately. Most of the student body noticed this, even Regulus himself couldn't help but notice. She wasn't her usual, very expressive, sarcastic driven self that's for sure. And he was determined to figure out why, but at the same time, he gave her the personal space she needed. After all, it's not like he hasn't been in the same situation as she's in at the moment.

They were in the midst of continuously brewing the potion, when Regulus had the guts to speak up. He cleared his throat slightly and said. "How'd you like to spend this Saturday with me at Hogsmeade?"

"What?"

"I promise I won't get us into trouble...or anything."

"But we still have a potion to brew!" She exclaimed, a hint of worry in her eyes. It's not like she didn't want to go, it's just that she was trying to fight the feelings that continued to grow in her chest. And Merlin forbid if it developed into something more. As anxious thoughts started coming into her head, all of a sudden she remembered Lily's calming advice. It's totally normal to feel this way. You're growing up, Caroline. We all are.

"C'mon, we won't be long, I promise. We'll be back before sun down. Besides, you looked pretty tensed. Why not take a little trip to calm your nerves down...and I don't know...maybe get some butterbeer if you'd like."

The mention of the beverage made her smile softly, as memories of her father having a white moustache occupied her mind. Maybe Regulus was right, maybe she needed a little break for a while. She nodded, and replied, "Alright. A friendly date it is, then."

Regulus' ears suddenly perked up, as his eyes widened. Did she just say...date? "Pardon? Date?" Caroline smirked mischievously and moved her face a little closer to his face.

"I said it was a friendly date, Regulus. Unless, you want it to be a date?" She asked with a smug smile. Black instantly felt his cheeks heat up. Not only because of what she said, but the fact that her face was only a few inches away from his. He gulped slowly and cleared his throat, and with a smile, he said, "I-um, alright then. If you say so."

"Then a date it is!" Caroline slightly giggled and tapped his nose playfully.

This girl was definitely going to be the death of him.

"Woah! I cannot believe it! My best friend is going on a date...with Regulus Black!" Amara exclaimed with mixed emotions, as she sat on the bed, with gleaming eyes. Meanwhile Caroline was in front of the mirror, picking out what clothes to wear, letting her brunette friend babble. "Wait, you are going on a date with Regulus Black?! And you're not kidding right?!" The blonde simply scoffed, and finally chose an outfit.