CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

RECKLESS CAROLINE AND GOOD HEARTED AMARA.

TWO WEEKS. It's been two weeks since Regulus has been ignoring the girl he had literally gave his whole heart to, and yet, here he was, like a coward, ignoring her presence even though it was impossible to, and the young boy was even surprised he lasted two long weeks without seeing her. Why was he doing this again? Was it most definitely about her mother? The very woman who gave birth to Caroline, that was scaring the wits out of him? You're bloody ridiculous, don't you know that? He beat himself up inwardly, as he continued to proceed his prefect duties. He was doing his rounds that night, making sure students were in their perspective common rooms especially so late at night. A certain memory of his was suddenly triggered. In which he and Caroline were caught by Agatha, the Hufflepuff seeker's older sister, who was a prefect at that time.

He smirked to himself, walking down a hallway as the certain memory played inside his head. The way she effortlessly made him laugh that night, still was unbelievable to Regulus himself up to this day, because the last time he was ever actually happy, was when Sirius hasn't left the house. But I guess things change, and will constantly change. Whether he liked it or not, and that thought sent another shiver down his spine, along the soft wind that came along with the evening. Just as he was about to take another flight of stairs, he saw the blue eyed beauty he has been longing to see all week. He practically bumped into her, only to back away, and make a rather intense eye contact with her. And with a straight posture, and chin held up high, Caroline eyed him sternly, crossing her arms. "Hello, Regulus." She smugly smiled, while he continued to stare at her. "Missed me? I certainly think not." She looked away. Regulus could only gulp.

"Please. Here me out." He gathered up his courage and uttered out a few words from his lips, looking down at the floor, mentally scolding himself once more. There was a short pause, and Caroline's gaze was now fixed on him again. Raising an eyebrow, she carefully stepped down, and replied, "Alright. If that's what you want, mister prefect." She took another step closer to his body, as she playfully fondled with his badge. She looked into his eyes, and for a minute, Caroline swore she could've gotten lost in those two pools of green. But she immediately tore her gaze away, and linked arms with the boy, making their way once more down the hallways. They were silent for a while, the tension thick and present. But yet, he tried his best in speaking. "Are you mad at me?"

Caroline scoffed and smiled, looking in front. "What an interesting question." She began. "Well, as I recall the last time we got to have a conversation, I remember you telling me you were intelligent. So, if you are, what you say so, Regulus, the smart Slytherin, then, what do you think? Do I seem mad to you?" The venom dripped from her lips, making Regulus's heart race anxiously. He just knew that he screwed things up. "If there is something you want to tell me, you know that I will be here to listen, right?"