CHAPTER EIGHT.

CHAPTER EIGHT !

THE PLOTTING BADGER.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS, BUT I GUESS YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT HIM

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS, BUT I GUESS YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT HIM." FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, Caroline talked rather calmly to her older sister. Usually it would be more of a sarcastic comeback or a snarky comment on whatever Agatha had to say to her. Rather dramatic, I know. Because of this, Agatha's eyes widened slightly, looking at the shorter and younger Wright, she said. "Is my sister actually agreeing with me, for the first time? Unbelievable."

Caroline scoffed and crossed her arms against her chest, looking straight ahead on school grounds. "Well, there's a first time for everything." Agatha sighed at the sight of her sister looking down. Behind all the sass and sarcasm, lied beneath a caring older sister who simply just loved her younger sister and wanted the best for her. But because of all these stupid bets—not to mention, hosted by a bunch of ignorant serpents, the situation couldn't get any worse, could it? Not to mention Caroline's feelings for this boy—"So what are you going to do about it? Now that you know about the bet?"

The blonde seeker looked at her sister in the eyes. "Well, I can't really tell you, but-"

"—I swear to Merlin, Caroline, if there's any killing involved—"

"—No, no, no! Don't worry, sister. No killings, I promise. I'll save that for another time, but for now—" Agatha rolled her eyes at her reply. "For now, I will use something on him."

"Use something on him? Something like what?"

A glint of mischief was painted all over her features. "A potion."

"Hmmm impressive, very impressive!" Slughorn checked on the potion, a jolly expression on his face. It was the day they had to pass their potions work, and it was Caroline and Regulus's potion on the table now, being examined by their professor, who had a positive and satisfied look. Regulus smiled and looked at the Hufflepuff, hopefully earning a smile back. But instead, she continued to look in front, grinning at the expression of Slughorn instead. The Slytherin frowned, wondering what was going on with her today. She hasn't been greeting him lately, or going to the Astronomy Tower either. Did I say something wrong? Did I do something wrong?

He thought, and thought hard he did. But yet again, his thoughts were cut off by another reply from their potions teacher. "This potion is outstanding. Twenty points to both Slytherin and Hufflepuff, well done." He said and the pupils from each house cheered on.

Later that night, Caroline was again restless, the faint moonlight welcoming her and caressing her face under the dim sky. She sat up and put her face on her chin. If only she could go up to the Astronomy Tower. However, if she did, she knew that she wouldn't last long. And she knew that she didn't want to see him, not today. Not now. The thought of that bet just simply didn't sink well in her head. And she couldn't help overthink every kind word, every thoughtful action Regulus has shown her for the past month. Was he actually being genuine? Or was he just pretending? Her train of thought was suddenly disturbed by an owl on her window, with a note. She neared it, carefully taking the note and patting its head soothingly, she opened the envelope's contents, and it said,

I know it is none of my business,
but I can't help but notice that you have been rather distant around me lately.
What is the matter? Please tell me. I am willing to know.

R.A.B.

She slightly crumpled the note in her hand, trying to keep herself from tearing it apart. But she composed herself in a calmer state. She didn't know the details yet anyway. She didn't know everything about the bet. So her little potion plan had to push through before any other negative thought entered her mind.

The girl took a piece of paper, jotted down her response, saying.

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower this Saturday,
around five in the afternoon.
Let's talk it over some tea and biscuits.
A little tea party sounds lovely, doesn't it, Black?

Sincerely,
CW

She then gave it to the owl and it flew away, as she watched it soar from her slightly opened window, clutching the vile of truth potion firmly against her chest.