CHAPTER NINE.

CHAPTER NINE !

THE SLYTHERIN SEEKER'S CONFESSION.

THE SLYTHERIN BOY took a bite of the pastry Caroline had brought him, savouring the sugary goodness of it

THE SLYTHERIN BOY took a bite of the pastry Caroline had brought him, savouring the sugary goodness of it. He moaned in satisfaction, licking his lips from the sugar, he commented, "This tart tastes fantastic. Did you bake this yourself? Assuming that your common room is near the kitchens, I mean." Caroline smirked, continuously watching him eat. "I did. Although I did get a little help from the elves, since they're mostly the experts." He nodded at her explanation, his eyes not leaving the sight of the delicious delicacies she laid on the table. So far, he hasn't touched his cup of tea yet. Not to mention the blonde seeker was already impatiently waiting for him to drink since she wanted to know the truth desperately.

But she continued to keep a straight face, and a proper and poised posture, sipping on her own cup of tea, she continued to watch and observe his every move. "You should take sip of your tea, or it might get cold. You know, hot tea is good for you, it can help calm you down and all." She said, taking another sip from her own cup once more.

Regulus smiled shortly, "How nice of you to express your concern of me. I missed hearing you tell me things like that." He looked at her, with a mellow, and gentle look on his face. Almost as if he was melting at the very sight of her. Caroline looked at him back the same way, but shook it off when she remembered what she was here for.

She cleared her throat and spoke up again. "Please, I insist, just to wash down the sugar from your throat." She said, looking away, her cup still in her hands. The boy shrugged and looked at his drink. "Alright then." He said and took his cup, and brought it carefully up to his lips. He blew on the liquid first, cooling it down a little, until he finally took a few sips.

Caroline put her teacup down on its saucer, folding her hands together, waiting for the potion to sink in his system. "Hmm, what type of tea is this?"

"It's jasmine tea. Don't you like it?"

"Of course I do, it's just that...it sort of has this after taste...I don't know...I can't quite tell." He suddenly started talking, his eyebrows furrowed together. This is it. This is the opportunity she was waiting for. And now she finally had the chance to figure him out.

"So Regulus. I couldn't help but wonder about this certain rumour that has been going around the school lately, and I just wanted to ask you..." She paused. "Are those rumours true? About you trying to get me to like you, just so you can take advantage of me?"

"Yes, it's true." That was it, Caroline lost it. A tear slowly streamed down her cheek, hurt about what he just said. She chewed on her lip, nodding, and bitterly smiling as she stood up.

"Well so I guess we're done here."

"Wait, Caroline, I can explain!" He exclaimed standing up as well. Caroline faced him, tears coming out of her eyes more, with a broken expression, she replied.

"Well, what is there to explain? You used me, Regulus! And you abused my trust, and my kindness! Toyed around with my feelings like I was some sort of a play thing! And yet here I was, so stupid enough to trust you. You know what, maybe Agatha was right. Maybe you are what they say you are. A monster."

Regulus's flinched at that word. And at the same time, at her face. She looked so broken, so tired. "Caroline, you don't understand..."

"What is it that I don't understand?!"

"You just simply don't understand how much you mean to me!" He said, breathlessly, his eyes becoming a little glossy, tears already threatening to fall out of his eyes as well. "The thing is I care so damn much about you, more than anything or anyone else in my life. And at first, I fought it off, because I simply do not deserve such an incredible creation like you. So daring, so unique, so feisty and skill full—yet so kind, and yet so gentle,"

"I-I didn't want to agree with that stupid bet, and believe me, I knew that it was wrong. But believe me the reason why I said yes to that bet, was to fool them into thinking that I was on their side, but in reality, I wasn't and I didn't want to do it, because why would I? And what for? Why would I ever hurt such an amazing person like you?"

Regulus felt all his emotions spilling out of his mouth, all that he has been keeping in store has been finally revealed onto the one person he has been longing for. And there was no turning back now. "You can get angry at me all you want. Call me names, sass me out, and entertain me to death with all of your sarcastic remarks," he giggled shortly. "And I don't know if I'm making any sense at the moment, but one thing is for sure; I'm in love with you, Caroline Wright. Ever since the day you nearly knocked me off my broom, and won the quidditch game—believe me, it wasn't only the snitch you got to steal. You got to steal my heart as well. The mere sight of your face, of your personality, every single time you walk down those hallways with your bright smile; the way you bring joy to everyone, adds a little more joy to my life as well. You're more than just a student from school to me. More than a quidditch rival, more than a partner in an assignment, more than just a friend." He paused again, looking down on her beautiful face, despite her crying. Regulus still thought she looked enchanting even if she was in tears.

"And if ever you would reject my love and affection for you, I will completely understand your decision. But even if you do, just know that I will never forget about you, and the memories that we created together would continuously live in my heart for as long as I shall live—because who can forget such a person like you? The famous, witty and most outstanding Hufflepuff seeker Hogwarts has ever seen." He chuckled at his own cliché but meaningful words. At his confession.

Caroline was lost for words, crying some more, as her eyes turned red and swollen. She looked at him, and she saw that he was in the same state as her's. They were both a sobbing mess at the moment that's for sure. "How do I know that all you're saying is true?"

"I'm on the truth potion, aren't I?" Her eyes widened.

"W-what?"

Regulus smirked. "I love you, Caroline Wright."

And with that, she wasn't able to respond anymore because of that passionate kiss he suddenly gave her.