CHAPTER TWO.

CHAPTER TWO !

THE ASTRONOMY TOWER AND PERFECT PREFECT AGATHA

TOSSING AND TURNING IN HER SLUMBER, Caroline woke up at her restless behavior, the faint moonlight tickling her fair face as she got up

TOSSING AND TURNING IN HER SLUMBER, Caroline woke up at her restless behavior, the faint moonlight tickling her fair face as she got up. The thoughts of the past were agony, and was also the reason why she couldn't bare another second in the sheets. She had to escape from her headspace once more. And she knew just where to go. The blonde grabbed her coat and put on her slippers, making her way down to the common room quietly and carefully, then out of the place itself. She made her way up several flights of stairs, and into several different hallways, avoiding every single prefect that can possibly take away house points. As she finally ended her short journey, she made her way successfully to her destination.

The Astronomy Tower. A place to think, and also a place to gaze upon heavenly bodies and such that shine brightly above the clouds. As she entered, she noticed a familiar figure of a man. In curiosity and bravery, she approached this individual closer, and saw that it was none other than the younger Black. Being the person she is, she spoke up and said "I'm sorry, I didn't know that anybody else was up here at this hour." He then looked back and saw the Hufflepuff, standing in front of him just a few feet away.

In a calm manner, with a blank expression, he cleared his throat and replied. "The last time I checked, the Astronomy Tower was for everyone." Caroline smiled softly at the hint of sarcasm

"And the last time I checked, students aren't supposed to be up at this hour, and yet, here we are." Regulus gave her a small smirk and looked back up at the stars. After that mini conversation with Caroline, Regulus couldn't help but feel something in his chest. He felt a sense of warmth; something he hadn't felt for quite some time. But like he always did, he discarded it, and set those feelings aside.

"If you don't mind, I'll just keep you company," she broke the silence, sitting a few feet away from him. "After all, I feel like you do need it, don't you now, Black?" She snickered quietly. There it was again. That feeling. Regulus practically begged Merlin in his thoughts for him to shut those feelings out. He couldn't, he just couldn't. He sighed softly at her as a reply, his eyes still fixed onto the night sky. Caroline observed his expression, and felt like she said something wrong, and so she indulged herself in the silence, while looking up alongside him as well.

"I know it may seem a little out of the blue, but, if you don't mind, I don't know much about you, Regulus." She spoke up, breaking the ice. Regulus raised a brow, while he continued to face the heavens.

"Oh, really? I'm sure Sirius told you everything you needed to know about me."

Caroline frowned, and said, "Not really. Whenever I mention you to him, all of a sudden, the air starts to change." The raven haired boy gave a half smile as a response. He had to admit that he missed his older brother humour.