CHAPTER FIVE.

CHAPTER FIVE !

OF SECRETS AND OF LIES

REGULUS SWORE that his heart had stopped when Caroline asked him about the project

REGULUS SWORE that his heart had stopped when Caroline asked him about the project. I mean, it sounds ridiculous, but it was the truth. To the others, yes, it was only an assignment, no big deal. But to the raven haired boy, it meant something else. And no, he wasn't talking about that stupid, good for nothing bet. He was talking about how he felt towards the Hufflepuff herself. He couldn't help it. He did feel a strong emotion towards the girl, so much that he prayed it was only an attraction, and that it wouldn't bloom into something much stronger. And because of this, Regulus kept reminding himself mentally, that they were just friends—or school mates, rather, that had a project to work on. And that these feelings he felt for her were only mere admiration, and nothing major.

The pair worked every night at their chosen spot—the Astronomy Tower every night, where the whole palace was at rest, while the moon was the only light they could see. Regulus couldn't help but glance at the girl, as her honey locks cascaded carefully down her face. Almost like it was caressing it. Oh how he wish he could run his fingers through her soft hair, and feel her soft skin. Regulus Black, are you out of your bloody mind?! He inwardly cursed at himself and looked away, just in time when Caroline decided to look at him. "Is everything alright?" She asked, noticing how tensed he was, carefully clenching his jaw, while Caroline observed him with her piercing blue eyes.

Regulus simply nodded, giving her a gentle smile. "Of course. Why else wouldn't things be fine?" The girl scoffed at his reply, smiling.

"Alright, if you say so. It just looks like you're rather, um, tensed."

Regulus looked down, quite flustered and flushed. His cheeks a tad pink. "Is there something that's bothering you lately, Regulus?" Once he heard his name roll of her lips, his head immediately shot up, looking at her. "Hmm?"

"I'm asking if you're doing well. Unless, something is bothering you—"

"—No, no. Nothing's bothering me. Are you assuming that something is bothering me?"

Her blue eyes squinted at him, while her pink lips gave him a smirk. "Really? Because I remember the last time I answered a question in the exact same manner as you did, I was actually feeling bothered deep down."

As Caroline explained, she stopped squinting and got back to the potion. "You know, I really like the potion we're making at the moment. It makes you tell the truth, and your inner most thoughts." She continued, stirring the mixture, and looked back up at him. "Makes me want to try it on you."