CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

THE MYSTERIOUS RAVENCLAW.

"SO, DO WE HAVE OURSELVES A DEAL?" ONE OF THE SLYTHERIN TEAM CHASERS spoke to the girl he recommended to his teammates just a few days ago

"SO, DO WE HAVE OURSELVES A DEAL?" ONE OF THE SLYTHERIN TEAM CHASERS spoke to the girl he recommended to his teammates just a few days ago. The young girl kept her silence for a moment, her cold feature sending a slight shiver down the boy's spine. A smirk appeared on her lips, while she tilted her head slightly. "If you need me to pay you double, I can manage. I can even play you triple if you'd like—" He was suddenly cut off by the sound of laughter. But it was the kind of laugh that was interlaced with sarcasm.

"No need to pay me a lot. After all, I am rich. What's the point of asking so much money from you, when in reality, I have all the money I could ever need." She stated with pride, practically scowling in disgust and disbelief. She sighed, crossing her arms at him. "Fine. Whatever you stupid Slytherins want." Shaking her head, she finally agreed to the utterly ridiculous deal. It was a bad day to be a Slytherin now, due to the narrow mindedness that Salazar's current quidditch team had, the girl observed. And the brunette thanked the universe she was sorted into a different house. She didn't mean to offend the people of the house with her thought, it's just that she didn't quite comprehend how hard quidditch was, especially if you're well trained and prepared.

"What a good day it is to be a Ravenclaw." She stated with a sense of pride and slowly walked away.

Caroline put on her yellow quidditch robes with ease, as the rest of the Hufflepuff team prepared as well. After, she gripped her broom tightly, slightly anxious but at the same time, she repeatedly reminded herself that if she could do it the last time, she could do it again. And possibly, with that strong mindset along with loads of practice and hard work she has put into the sport, she can guarantee that she could beat not only the Slytherin team, but also the rest of the other houses' teams as well. She took a deep breath and whispered positive affirmations to herself quietly, as she and the team made their way to the quidditch pitch. Taking a flight of stairs down, out of nowhere someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into a dark corner.

Caroline was ready to beat the shit out of whoever has grabbed her arm in a certain way, but she immediately stopped when she recognised the owner of the voice that spoke up. "Caroline, it's me." It was the Slytherin seeker. She took out her wand and uttered Lumos to give light to the dark corner. Indeed it was her lover. She sighed in relief and gave him a glare for giving her a good scare, even if she did know that he didn't mean to.

"Bloody hell, Reg. What are you doing? We need to get to the pitch now, because if you haven't figured we're both the seekers of our team and now is not the time for any of your none sense—"

"shhh, wait please let me speak. There are rumours that my team isn't stopping their bloody ridiculous bet." He rolled his eyes in disbelief and Caroline groaned at the news. "That's why I came to warn you about it. Please be careful out there. I can't bare to see you get hurt. I can't have you losing an arm, can't I?" He grinned at her expression, almost as if she wanted to deal with the Slytherin team herself. Shaking her head and looking down her only response was this.

"Thanks for the concern, but whether I lose an arm or not, as long as I don't lose the games, then I think I'll be alright." She smiled with obvious sarcasm playing in her eyes and on her lips, filling Regulus with some sort of ease. She was always so brave. Something he wish he was. Her sarcastic smile was replaced with a genuine one, looking into his eyes with pure compassion. It was as if her eyes were assuring him that there was nothing to worry about, and that it would be alright. A look of her's that never failed to bring him sanctuary. He quickly pressed his body onto his, her lips colliding with his. She kissed back and held him tight, but instantly pulled away. "We can't do this right now, we have a game to get to, remember?" Caroline giggled mischievously sending him a wink. "We can snog later, as long as you let me win." She laughed once more and ran out, making him chase her all the way to the pitch, where the games were about to begin.

"Let the games begin!" The cheerful Hufflepuff announcer shouted out, as the whole stadium started to roar for their teams. All eyes were on both teams who were ascended on their brooms, especially at both of the seekers. Ever since the two officially became a couple, it added more excitement to the game, because seeing a couple going against each other in a quidditch match was sort of rare to see. Meanwhile Caroline set her gaze on the snitch sternly, flying after it, Regulus flying right behind her. "We have Caroline Wright and Regulus Black, both seekers chasing after the snitch! Not to mention if you all haven't heard, they're a couple, which adds a little more excitement to this game, don't you think?" The Hufflepuff seeker inwardly laughed at the announcer's humour, but still kept her eyes glued to the golden item. It was flying downward, and so she followed it quickly, the Slytherin seeker still behind her. But just as she was about to grab onto it, a commotion suddenly went on. All of a sudden, the Slytherin Captain was found dangling from his broom. As if it was malfunctioning. The Captain's broom started moving left and right, almost knocking out his own teammates because of it.

No I must not get distracted. She thought to herself. Looking up at Regulus, he seemed distracted by his Captain. Caroline immediately took the chance, especially when the snitch flew upward and zoomed passed Regulus, almost knocking him out again off his broom. "And there she goes again, Hufflepuff Seeker, Caroline Wright, chasing firmly after the snitch, taking the lead!" She almost got hit by the Captain and his malfunctioning broom at this process, but with her quick strategy, she passed him by and the other team members with ease, as she pushed herself to get the prize. She felt a gush of wind pass her and looking at her side, was none other than the person she gave her whole heart to, who was beside her once more. "Oh no, Regulus Black is once again catching up Caroline Wright, will Hufflepuff be able to catch up?" Annoyed by what the announcer said, Caroline leaned a little bit forward, and with all her might she got passed the Slytherin in no time, her hand reaching out desperately for the snitch.

"HUFFLEPUFF WINS!"

She did it. She caught the snitch, again! Oh how she longed for that announcement. She once again received cheers from her house, but it died down because of sudden collective gasps. When she looked down from her broom, she saw Regulus on the ground, his left arm and leg injured, his whole team and other houses approaching the boy to help him.

Caroline thought for a moment. Regulus would never fall off his broom easily. She observed the crowd, and spotted a certain Ravenclaw who had her arms crossed and a small smirk to match her face, almost as if she was happy that Slytherin lost and it's seeker got injured. She concluded that it must have been wandless magic she used to do this. But whatever her intentions were, Caroline must find out why she did it, or who made her do it.