CHAPTER THREE.

CHAPTER THREE !

THE TRIO AND A CERTAIN SLYTHERIN BOY

"HEY, CHECK OUT THIS NEW BROOM THEY RELEASED, ISN'T IT RAD?" CAROLINE spoke to her two twin friends as she read the Daily Phrophet

"HEY, CHECK OUT THIS NEW BROOM THEY RELEASED, ISN'T IT RAD?" CAROLINE spoke to her two twin friends as she read the Daily Phrophet. Silence. The two did not respond. And it was rather odd and very unlikely of them. Usually, she would get a cheery response from the two, but at this very moment, all they gave her was a stare of concern. The blonde badger furrowed her eyebrows and put down the paper, looking at the twins while they shared and stole glances at each other every now and then, and looked back right at her. "Alright. What's going on? Because there's clearly something wrong."

Amara tried responding, "It's nothi—"

"—and no, I am not taking the 'it's nothing' excuse this time. Like I ever did take that kind of response seriously anyway." But Caroline cut her off sternly. And clearly, she wasn't fooling around when she was asking for an honest answer from her previous question. She looked at them both straight into their eyes, while  Jack looked down and gulped, not knowing what to say. "What happened, Jack Jones? Cat got your tongue?"

"Well a certain snake got yours, I guess." Jack replied, gulping, looking into her eyes. "Guess that makes us equal," He continued, looking at her with a certain expression of hurt in his eyes, mixed with a little bit of anger.

"Alright, can you two just get straight to the point already? For a fact, you twins clearly know that I don't like to be kept waiting, nor do I like guessing what you two are trying to express without words. Because apparently this isn't a guessing game and I wasn't born to read minds, so please, speak up. You both have mouths, don't you? I suggest you two use it or so help me."

"Well, someone obviously woke up in the wrong side of the bed again." Amara mumbled jokingly, but when Caroline said she wasn't joking, she clearly wasn't.

"Rumours say you've been hanging out with Black lately, is that true?" Jack finally spoke up.

"So what if I hang out with Sirius? People love the guy—"

"No! Not Sirius, the other Black, Regulus!" The male twin leaned in forward and whispered harshly, in case other students would ever eves drop on their conversation. Caroline was taken aback when he whispered in an angry manner. The Jones twins were known to be quite jolly all the time and some of the time quirky and awkward. It was rare to see them serious. Most of the time, it was Caroline who took everything seriously in the trio.